Xbox at Tokyo Game Show 2022 | September 15

Yeah, in the Game Pass drop they also mentioned to stay tuned to TGS.

So you think this is where they announce Tabata and Sakaguchi as a publishing partner? We got Kojima (and his game sounds really early) it would make sense to announce the rest at TGS

What makes you think those are happening?

But assuming they were happening, I guess it’s possible but I also feel those might be things they’d like to save for “E3”

Tabata has 2 big games in development with 2 big companies, and that’s about all we know.

oh yea i knew about that and I know sakaguchi had said he had received a few offers but I thought maybe we got something more concrete

Aside from multiple different Xbox podcasters saying that they heard the big three names they signed were Kojima, Tabata and Sakaguchi. Just having fun speculation

1 Like

I don’t expect any new first-party titles from TGS. Their message was bulky updates to previously released first-party titles, and that hasn’t changed since the Xbox’s return to TGS in 2020.

1 Like

I’m not sure about Tango Gameworks being there but I think we could see something from Xbox Game Studios Publishing or a third party publisher or studio.

We 100% won’t see a new game published by Xbox (they say as much), so no Tango or XGSP deals

Yeah I’m with you, I’m not expecting any new first party games here. I think as far as first party content goes they are going to stick to what they did at E3 and focus on games coming out in the next several months. Maybe in future years if they have more first party content coming from Japan we might start seeing titles announced at TGS, but certainly not this year.

1 Like

Early this year, Gust said they’d consider putting their games on Xbox “if they got enough requests”

Before concluding the interview, I wanted to see if he could comment on the possibility of Gust games hitting Xbox platforms. As someone who owns and plays on every platform, it would be great if Xbox-only players could sample the amazing Atelier series.

“If we received enough requests from fans we may be able to make that a reality,” he says.

Now, this is a usual cop-out answer from Gust. They’ve said this for other requested features they never ended up doing, and I think they said this about the possibility of their Fairy Tail 2019 game on Xbox too. I only hope MS saw this statement and is getting Gust on board too in their effort getting closer to Koei Tecmo (who went from never having games on Game Pass to being the first Japanese publisher to launch a AAA game on Game Pass)

1 Like

Lost Odyssey II

Its gotta happen. Anything else will feel underwhelming.

Eh feel like phil needs to get nis on board first. Gust are ok but theyre games are above average at best

I’m sure we won’t see any but I’m positive there are some in development already.

XGS published game from Japan. Phil’s most likely already greenlit a project.

It at least helps plug the JRPG hole as Gust produces them quickly and to ok/decent quality. I feel it’s more “realistic” than NIS because Gust at least has the Koei Tecmo connection while NIS has never touched Xbox before ever.

I would prefer NIS too. But I wouldn’t mind Gust games. Atelier games are super fun games to get 100% achievements in :yum:

Prayer circle

🕯      🕯
       🕯                        🕯
                  Tales of 
    🕯            aries        🕯
                Gamepass 
       🕯                        🕯 
                🕯      🕯
1 Like

Peopel forgetting the most obvious game announcement or most likely…Yakuza 8. Makes sense for MS to get marketing for this, LaD was my SEries X launch title game and I loved it. Would love to see this get shown for Xbox.

Also…still no Persona 5 Royal up for pre order. Maybe a Physical version? would love an xbox specific gameplay trailer too.

There’s an RGG Summit on September 14, before TGS. It’ll most definitely be announced there, not at Xbox’s show.

3 Likes

OH yeah true. Either way I hope Sega have a big presence at Xbox Show

you know what would be absolutely wild?

Xbox Exclusive JRPG…Skies of Arcadia 2. I would love something out of the blue and insanely crazy like that.

2 Likes

Is XboxEra still planning to do a live stream? If so, do you have a roster, or will it just be Doncabesa?