Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

Of course, MS still lacks PC devs. Even with Activision Blizzard. It also was a word play on SEGA, aka Service Gaming.

I would however love to see SEGAs library added to gamepass. I miss the old Yakuzas already. Let alone all the old games they have. EA and Ubisoft simply don’t do it for me.

2 Likes

I think that won’t happen, but a revival of Sierra makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Maybe his company could be the Japanese studio MS could go after.

This post gives me so many feels, especially seeing Sierra appear as their logo was on the beginning credits of so many great games!

IF Xbox could acquire some of the WB studios I would personally want to see Xbox bring back the Midway Games name instead.

I also really enjoy the Rebellion games but I’m not sure if I’d want to see Xbox acquire them. Instead I would opt for Xbox to acquire CD and Eidos from Embracer, acquire IOI then put them all back under the Eidos Interactive banner.

100% agree with SEGA and Ubisoft.

Focus Entertainment and Asobo make too much sense, this is the one I really want to see!

1 Like

I also thought about Midway, but i thought that NetherRealm and Monolith would fit really well under the Rebellion umbrella.

Put Judge Dredd in Mortal Kombat and let Monolith make a Judge Dredd game.

Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal are sadly not happening unless Microsoft swallows all of Embracer Group.

1 Like

Good call, a Judge Dredd by Monolith would be pretty awesome!

Still a little gutted by CD and Eidos, I think they would have been amazing under Xbox, even if they only broke even they would still cater to a different genre/gamer which is currently missing.

5 Likes

His account has already been followed by a bunch of Xbox employees including Matt Smith who as we know is involved with XGS published JP games. I suspect he was on the shortlist for a JP company to work with on an exclusive due to very good relations.

2 Likes

I can see some XGP game at best.

1 Like

So does that mean no more Roblox buyouts Hindle?

1 Like

Honestly no idea, to me Roblox would be a horrible buyout, to MS maybe they see how many people play that game and buy it.

An interesting indie studio to watch is Zoink. They made Lost In Random which I just finished up. Very solid storytelling, phenomenal atmospheric setting, great character development. Studio to watch.

2 Likes

I’ve been saying Thunderful/zoink would be great acquisitions.

1 Like

appreciate the effort you put into this.

But you are missing Paradox Interactive :slight_smile:

So what’s up with this obsession for Rebellion? Not you specifically, but multiple people have mentioned them repeatedly. Seems like a fodder buy, then a strategic buy. What do you guys see in them?

There games aren’t the best quality but they create great co-op experiences.

Zombie Army and Sniper Elite are really fun with a group of mates. I’m already planning a few games of Sniper Elite 5 when it releases.

Personally I think there are better buys but it is great GP material.

• Evil Angel
  • Brazzers
  • Remington
  • Mazda
  • Costco
  • Walmart
  • Nevada
  • Whatsapp
  • New Balance
  • Polonez FSO
  • Sam Hyde

There are plenty of good options.

1 Like

Which one of the top two are you subscribed to?

From my understanding they also own the Judge Dredd IP.

1 Like

subscribed?

3 Likes

https://gamerant.com/take-two-acquisition/ Wouldn’t be the craziest story.