Xbox Acquisition |OT6| If this is about competition, let us have competition

Yes if Microsoft hadn’t already confirmed this is would be huge. CoD players would ultimately be forced into investing into the Xbox/PC platform, even if the game didn’t sell as well it would still sell a lot of consoles.

BUT THEY DID…

It was a public pledge, they won’t go back on their word now as they are still repairing their image as it is.

If you read their blog (which I’m guessing you haven’t) it was clearly worded towards the regulators, even the title states ADAPTING AHEAD OF REGULATION.

The opening paragraph literally says:

We have developed these principles in part to address Microsoft’s growing role and responsibility as we start the process of seeking regulatory approval in capitals around the world for our acquisition of Activision Blizzard. This regulatory process begins while many governments are also moving forward with new laws to promote competition in app markets and beyond. We want regulators and the public to know that as a company, Microsoft is committed to adapting to these new laws, and with these principles, we’re moving to do so.

It’s almost certain they have also stated something very similar to the regulators as part of this process.

This feels like the ‘Starfield won’t be exclusive’ argument again, whereas despite Xbox execs stating publicly multiple times they will make it exclusive people still denied it. Even now people are saying it will probably come to PlayStation. It is really a easy concept…

Xbox says it will be exclusive = it will be exclusive.

Xbox says it will be on PlayStation = it will be on PlayStation.

3 Likes

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but lots of companies financial year just ended (1st July - 30th June).

I believe if company A is acquiring company B the next few weeks are prime for the announcement as your into your next years financials (budget, time frame, investors etc).

Think of it as buying a new TV you typically wait until pay day.

3 Likes

They said they would continue to make CoD and other AB titles available to Nintendo and Sony platforms.

They said that about Zenimaxs games too. They all went Xbox exclusive.

Unless you think All AB games past, present and future are coming to Switch and PS5 then thats obviously not the case.

Satyas said he expects the buy to close under no special conditions.

no they didn’t, they said case by case bases which liteally meant anything since we knew PS had timed exclusives in place anyway and they did what they said…they said CoD will stay on PS and potentially even come to Nintendo consoles, it feels cut and dry (why is this even a debate, it will obviously stay multiplat)

3 Likes

MS have left ambiguity in there wording so fighting over it is pointless unless your true motive is just to drive the conversation to pass the time :wink:

1 Like

I don’t see what is ambiguous about what they said, like what is ambiguous about this quote relating to CoD

“To be clear, Microsoft will continue to make Call of Duty and other popular Activision Blizzard titles available on PlayStation through the term of any existing agreement with Activision. And we have committed to Sony that we will also make them available on PlayStation beyond the existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love. We are also interested in taking similar steps to support Nintendo’s successful platform. We believe this is the right thing for the industry, for gamers and for our business.”

Like other franchises sure, that is ambiguous because future daiblo, overwatch, crash, spyro ect. games will probably go exclusuive but CoD is clear cut

1 Like

But they didn’t say that?

Also I believe Satya said that in his opinion Microsoft shouldn’t need to make any formal concessions, not that they won’t.

Nope.

“What we’ll do in the long run is we don’t have intentions of just pulling all of Bethesda content out of Sony or Nintendo or otherwise,”

They specifically stated Zenimax games “would remain on Sony and Nintendo platforms” and as soon as the deal closed all teams were moved onto Xbox/PC only.

Then you misread. They statement wasnt just about CoD, it was Call of Duty and other AB franchises will remain on Sony and Nintendo platforms. They aren’t alluding to CoD coming to Switch, they’re talking about software already on the platforms like Crash and Spyro.

And if they’re not you’re implying every AB game, including ones that are next gen only like Diablo 4 are coming to Switch, despite PS4 and Xbox one versions being cancelled.

Are you an alt account for someone above? :wink:

The wording is very clear, I don’t understand why it can’t be understood.

1 Like

No.

Doesnt matter how clear the wording is if you misunderstood it.

Yeah…

4 Likes

Its not relating to CoD. Its relating to all AB games

To be clear, Microsoft will continue to make Call of Duty and other popular Activision Blizzard titles available on PlayStation through the term of any existing agreement with Activision

So if that is true, which is what you are implying…all AB games are coming to Switch and Playstation yeah? Forever and ever. And Microsoft bought the company for no reason.

Don’t know why this is hard for you to understand. They doesn’t mention exactly which game. Hence, ambiguity. They doesn’t mention which CoD, campaign or multiplayer

But yeah, you may keep having as much as conversation you want on this topic

There’s a thread for the discussion of the Activision Blizzard acquisition.

1 Like

Stop using this thread as another three-person circular argument about Activision exclusivity. It’s grossly off-topic when there are literally three other threads built for this very thing. Those of you that have been warned enough to stay on topic will be getting a vacation next time.

8 Likes

Guilty as charged… Sometimes just doesn’t realise it

1 Like

I commented to the shit on the other topic chat but anyway. The Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol games are coming to game pass, you know what that means

3 Likes

I don’t see Microsoft entering entertainment for now. Other tech giants have little of everything, unlike Microsoft who is heavily into Gaming in comparison to other giants. Both Amazon and Apple are heavily into music (and even unified it) in comparison to Google, for example, who has pieces of everything but it is disjointed.

Now if they were to join…That would be interesting. I’ve been advocating for Paramount because they seem to be working close with Microsoft and Sega.

Just imagine Microsoft acquiring

• Warner Bros Discovery (35b) & Paramount (16b)
  • Spotify (20b)

Game Pass could become Media Pass with Paramount+, HBO Max, Discovery, Spotify and Gaming. Hard to imagine what price would be for that though.

But WB movies currently in a deep trouble with all those issues with actors. Not to mention debt. I wonder if any giant wants to touch them. Though they can probably afford eating the costs.

I am all for WBD. That would be a huge gain for Gamepass subscribers adding in HBO discovery and all of the other streaming properties they have. Not to mention owning DC outright along with the WBE studios. Mortal Kombat VS Killer Instinct here we go! That would open up all of the Cartoon Network and boomerang properties for games and crossovers as well. There could be a Space Jam game with all of the WBD characters to choose from, the possibiliies are endless. I have said it before, but I will say it again, I would pay $20 -$30 a month for gamepass with HBO and all of the other services added to it.

2 Likes

You can definitely spell SEGA with just the letters in SpongeBob!

… that’s what you were getting at. Right?:wink::joy:

2 Likes