Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

I can’t wait to take a canoe down the river of tears the day the announce they deal has closed.

4 Likes

This sucks between Square Enix and Yuji Naka. And I hope Microsoft could find a way to work with him.

4 Likes

Like Microsoft buying Square Enix and putting Yuji Naka in charge of the Eastern Studios??? :smirk:

5 Likes

I was thinking more like Microsoft buys Sega and brings Naka back to his baby :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Yes. That would be so much better. :clap:

8 Likes

I think Microsoft should hire Yuji Naka as head of Tango Gameworks if Shinji Mikami does happen to leave after directing his final game. And then if Microsoft does get Square Enix then he could be head of Xbox in Japan.

after what he did to sonic xtreme devs he should stay out …there is a reason why everybody from square wanted him out its not like one or two people many people from arzest nd square producer wanted him maybe its just him being difficult to work with …

nahhhh

1 Like

I’m not terribly familiar with Yuji Naka but I’m hearing a lot of talk elsewhere that he’s a problem to work with and people are unsurprised things went so south with Square Enix, plus Balan Wonderland was kind of a top to bottom trainwreck. Not sure this seems like the talent to jump on.

I don’t see Microsoft buying Sega unless Sega Sammy is willing to sell. And Sega corp is not in that bad position to sell. Now, if Super game initiative failing though…

7 Likes

Yuji Naka programmed the original Sonic the Hedgehog games so I think Microsoft should give him a chance to create a new game. And he could be a good replacement for Shinji Mikami if he does happen to leave Tango Gameworks. Or if Microsoft does happen to acquire Square Enix he could lead that as well since it seems like Square Enix leadership is a mess if he wasn’t given enough time for Balan Wonderworld.

Mikami has shown to be very interested in cloud gaming, I don’t see him leaving Tango (or at least stop working at Microsoft).

How much longer now should we wait?

For what?

For the acquisition to be done :smiley: can we estimate using Bethesda’s or Activision is so much bigger that makes it impossible to make an educated guess?

Activision being bigger will likely make it take longer, the regulatory process is a fickle mistress so theres really no way to tell yet

1 Like

Will they have a list of who approved and who didn’t?

I would hope not but if he wants to retire after directing his final game or move onto something else then he should be able to.

1 Like

No idea if those details are provided in the Form 8-K mentioned in the press release. Over 98% approval though means there can’t be many (SOC Investment Group, plus some others).

Anyways…

Seriously though, thanks for posting this so quickly. Anyone thinking it wouldn’t pass shareholder vote, especially anyone using a months-long downward slide as justification, really isn’t very smart…

6 Likes