Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

I think they are paying for the ports now (Game Pass) like we saw with Yakuza and it’s time for the community to show up with purchases and engagement. And I say this as someone currently playing Danganronpa (my first visual novel lol) or whatever the hell it’s called lol.

1 Like

Soul Hackers 2 will be the test for this I’m thinking. It’s a JRPG from one of the most renowned JRPG devs and it’s heavily modeled after Persona. It also doesn’t have negative factors like being a late port attached to it.

I am not sure if I should be responsible for that. If it is on Game Pass though, then maybe I will try it.

I’m hoping it’s Ubisoft!!!

Discovery seems to want to invest into WB Games and after passing on them in 2020, I don’t see Microsoft or anyone acquiring WB especially when they wouldn’t come with any IP’s outside of Mortal Kombat.

Didn’t Nick say that Microsoft was in talks with Paradox Interactive over a year ago on their podcast and that Paradox confirmed this? Over a year later, I wonder if the talks are still ongoing or if they ended.

Microsoft should grab Netherealm whatever it takes. Everything else is not necessary.

1 Like

Game Pass is also engagement.

Ultimately, Microsoft is going to invest in getting games over with the expectation of proving to developers that there is a market for those games on Xbox.

If there proves to be no market then the experiment is done, pack it up and go buy a Playstation or Switch for your Japanese games lol. Microsoft won’t backroll those games forever. It’s like how they had to pay people to port key apps over to Windows Phone in order to make the ecosystem viable.

1 Like

If they acquire 1 of these it will be Ubisoft IMO. WB games I think maybe sold off but I doubt it will be the whole publishing branch at once (Microsoft picking up a 1 or 2 studios wouldn’t be shocking though, Neatherrealm with the midway IPs and Monolith with the earth games is who I would grab) and Paradox…I don’t know if they have the wide appeal but they are pretty big in the PC space if I am not mistaken so IDK. I think writing off EA or T2 after activision is dumb though, this showed microsoft is willing to go all in on gaming but yeah, Ubisoft’s stock has been taking like shit so they would be acquired at a massive steal

1 Like

I’d love to see Xbox acquire Nether and TT. Those are the most valuable studios at WB to me, Monolith and Rocksteady would duke it out for 3rd and 4th.

2 Likes

I agree even though personally, they’re the one studio im not interested in as im not into fighting games. I definitely prefer Rocksteady, WB Montreal and Monolith a lot more. I wish Microsoft would have acquired all of WB and DC but it is what it is.

5 Likes

TT shows the issue with WB studio’s perfectly. They have iconic studios but you wouldn’t get IPs from most of them so it would be buying talent which would mean less would be offered most likely. Like TT without the lego license isn’t worth that much in comparision to if they did have the lego license

Hmm if Xbox grows to one of the biggest audiences do you think any developer will want to skip it even if it’s only a small percentage? All it takes is one game to hit it off and they are open to a huge audience.

All it takes is a few from each region to be enticed and those regions will grow too (developers from each region will follow suit)…

Well it’s fortunate that Xbox (or more so GamePass) also has its PC and Cloud Division too :wink:

@pg2g EDIT: apparently the PS1, PS2, PS4, Wii and Switch all surpassed 100 million. The PS2 and PS4 also both surpassed 110 million.

Well, I guess we will need to wait and see with bethesda and abk ips coming to gamepass

1 Like

Guess WB is definitely off the table.

1 Like

Best for them to fund those studios with proceeds from selling NR.

1 Like

Don’t think they will sell their most successful studio considering WB has plans to create a Mortal Kombat cinematographic universe or something like that and you have the best fighting studio (in the west of course) to do more games from the IP.

They are also having a massive hit with lego star wars and will have another one with Hogwarts Legacy (and probably the new batman game) so it makes sense to keep the studios.

1 Like

You are saying it like sony will not gonna have the next cod, battlefield, the witcher, mass effect, and they make their own family games or ratchet and astrobot are for adults?

he was refering to the 1st party line up. JRPG content on Xbox has definitely got better, visual novel stuff is pretty niche in general but ace attorney trilogy (great game, play it if you haven’t) and danganrumpa have come to xbox with the other danganrumpa games likely to follow IMO, microsoft has been making some strong connections in Japan (SEGA being the obvious example) so they are in a great position in terms of Japan at least in comparision to where they have been but…

CoD is about to be owned by Microsoft so while it will likely stay on PS, the future CoD games may have exclusive content linked to xbox and PC e.g. skins or DLC maps not to mention they will be part of game pass

Battlefield obviously isn’t owned by Microsoft but if Microsoft buys EA (Which I could see Microsoft doing just to stop someone else like facebook from claiming them), same deal as CoD

Mass Effect isn’t owned by Microsoft but if Microsoft buys EA it would be (same with dragon age)

The Witcher will definitely stay on PS but will the sequel be good, thats my question

But in terms of the big players in these genres we have EA, Ubisoft, Bungie (about to be acquired by sony) and Microsoft for FPS and EA, Ubisoft, CDPR and Microsoft with WRPG. 2 of those players are pretty likely pick ups for Microsoft in my opinion, Sony definitely isn’t sitting pretty in those genres

No one but console warriors cares about this.

4 Likes

Neither they are in danger of losing them you know, but allright, fine

Xbox should just focus on having western content and nothing else, I was hoping that this gen they would finally break the barrier of being only for america but apparently isnt going to happen, if you want to believe that having more of the same will help them to grow in other markets is your opinion but I am not going to believe that

PlayStation have long left their Japanese roots, they are almost entirely aimed at the western market yet the third party asian developers don’t skip PlayStation because it has such a huge market share.

If Xbox gets all of the biggest IP’s and becomes larger than PlayStation in the west then it’s obvious that third parties which previously skipped Xbox will also start developing for them.

At the end of the day they are all businesses trying to make money, businesses will go to where they can make money.

6 Likes