Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

First off, I go With White Bread too, but I like to experiment with cheeses,as an example funnily enough, on Monday, I made a Grilled Cheese with Cheddar AND Provolone and it was pretty good!.. but Bread talk aside lol, It would be great if Xbox acquired a studio in Asia, but not just anyone, I want them to find someone like Obisidian, inXile, Ninja Theory, and Double Fine, someone who needs security, and someone who just needs that push to make the best game they can.

1 Like

Microsoft could make Ubisoft great again (I still love Assassin’s Creed and their other offerings btw)

Pls no

Happy to officially announce Amazon is off the table

2 Likes

I’m 100% on board with acquisitions which enable developers to do their best, be their most creative, and dream big in a safe environment that doesn’t exploit them, one that allows them to do what they love and still live a healthy, secure life.

2 Likes

I think it makes sense for both to merge.

Platinum games is the Obsidian of Japan! They have a lot of similarities like having the talent and big ambitions but the type of games they make dont bring in the cash to realize them. Plus neither had a lot of IP when they were brought and mostly worked on other peoples IP. Plus the canceled game they have :sweat_smile:.

do it

4 Likes

Red Dead, NBA, Bioshock, Civilization, XCOM, Max Payne, Bully, Mafia…

7 Likes

Bully and Max Payne can be disregarded as they have been dormant for so long.

I wouldn’t care for Amazon to pick up T2. I don’t think even GTA would get people to run out and get a Luna. If anything, as we saw with CoD, there’d be a ton of fanboys now targeting Luna like they did Stadia. They would need to make the games multi platform to reap financial benefit.

T2, EA, Ubisoft are studios that need to be multiplatform for the biggest gains. Not only that they tend to have licenses that could turn away from them if they go exclusive. See MLB the show.

Sega could possibly be an exclusive studio except for the Atlus and Yakuza studios which would probably be unfriendly to the devs who are so used to having their games played by their fellow countrymen on a platform that isn’t near extinct in the country.

Platinum could be an exclusive studio, after all they’ve been doing exclusives for a while for each of the platforms.

While GTA is huge and would heavily help Xbox or PS if they are exclusive, I don’t think Amazon Google or Facebook acquiring them would change things. Gamers are fickle, they support their favorite plastic box too much.

Phil Spenecer said that he has interest in reviving dormant Activision/Blizzard franchises, not sure why he wouldn’t do the same in a potential T2 acquisition.

?

still glad that Microsoft went to Activision Blizz than Ubisoft.

Because it would strengthen Xbox more or because you actually prefer ActiBlizz output?

lol

Extremely popular IP: Call of Duty

popular E-rated games: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, etc.

popular PC games: WoW, etc.

popular mobile games: Candy Crush, CoD Mobile

and the talented studios.

the why of ATVI >>> Ubisoft.

2 Likes

If the potential output of Activision is realized then yeah, but honestly currently Ubisoft has better and more diverse output than Activision.

Let’s not compare talents pelase, they’re both full of talented devs.

ATVI is much better than Ubisoft and it’s not even a discussion (unless you talk about specific console market).

ATVI gives so much impressive benefits that it is even crazy.

For market benefits, obviously, I’m talking personally what I’d like more output wise, pretty sure also many here would agree.

Personally for me there is currently way more Ubisoft games being released that interest me than ABK, however I can see the potential of ABK (plus they of course make way more revenue).

In addition to the annual releases (Assassin’s Creed, FarCry and Tom Clancy) they also often release the little gems in-between.

All I associate ABK with these days are the annual CoD releases.

IMO, Ubisoft gets acquired, but only after Actvi deal gets closed. If we take the time it took for Warner Discovery merge as an example, the deal could be concluded earlier than the fiscal year closure by January 2023.

Who think that the deal will take time till June 2023? They specified the timeframe - between June 2022-June 2023. So it can close in summer, autumn, winter etc. Unless some unexpected even occurs the deal will be closed early than June 2023 and probably by December if not earlier. Keep in mind that it still February, so there is whole spring before the next fiscal year starts.