Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

Nah, Capcom is the play :100:

6 Likes

How many games Sega produces per year?

Seems like they have a Yakuza title each year, which are exponentially better games than any SEnix fodder. They also have actual interesting IP. As a bonus, the movies based on their IP scores higher than Sony’s IP too.

6 Likes

With Relic working on AoE and the Dreamcast running on Windows it would be very ‘organic’ :wink:

Don’t think anybody could argue that. If it weren’t for Spider-Man (Kevin Feige really) Sony would have been out of the movie industry a long ago. They’ve fucked up nearly every franchise they own, whether it’s Men in Black, Underworld, Ghost Busters. And what they did to the new Resident Evil movie is just inexcusable.

Not to mention Square just sold off a large chunk of their owned IP. And their biggest owned IP left now are essentially Final Fantasy and Drakengard/NieR…… at least that I can think of?

The point is to release the games on a regular cadence. Xbox is also able to release 1 game per year :sweat_smile:

I offer one dollar

3 Likes

I mean, if Phil can convince Yoko Taro to at least continue partnering then I’m down.:joy:

I just think Square has killed off a lot of their value in one go… but I guess that also means they’re a much smaller target with a huge IP, an IP on the rise, and a couple of strong, exclusive partnerships with DQ and KH.

2021:

• Humankind
  • Sonic Colours Ultimate (Remaster)
  • Judgement
  • Lost Judgement
  • Phantasy Star Online 2
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
  • Total War: Rome Remastered
  • Total War: Warhammer 3
  • Olympic Games Tokyo (Xbox port)
5 Likes

But Judgement was 2018 game no? Warhammer 3 is 2022 game, Olymic Games Tokyo is 2019

Judgement had a next gen port

1 Like

Judgement current-gen is 2021.

Olympic Games Tokyo for Xbox and PC is 2021. The World-Wide market versions for Switch and PS4 were 2021 too. Only the JP Switch and PS4 versions were in 2019.

Most importantly, any of those games listed in 2021 is substantially better than SEnix fodder.

3 Likes

Judgement was ported for PS5 and S/X.

Olympic Games was an Xbox port.

My bad on Warhammer 3 I thought it was 2021 not early 2022.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World was released in 2021 though :stuck_out_tongue:

As was Football Manager 2022.

Still plenty of games there… ?

1 Like

Well, Sega does develop good strategy games…Total War, Humankind, Football Manager.

4 Likes

I have to agree with @BRiT I’d prefer any of those games over anything Square releases, especially now CD/Eidos are gone.

Also I just want another great Sonic game so I can force my kids to be Tails like my older siblings use to do to me :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

It’s time. Let the purchases flow. I want at least 15 additional studios added over the next 2 years.

SEGA fills a lot of holes for Xbox.

Very strong PC side. Recognizable mascot. Story-based action RPGs. Best-in-class JRPG studio. Huge IP library. Lots of legacy connecting the two organizations.

5 Likes

Cough Actual yearly games releases.

Who said that? lol jokes aside any developer with high output of games is probably something MS needs.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions (Part 6).