Xbox Acquisition |OT5| Talking Exclusively About Xbox Acquisitions

I stand by my statement that MS would try to evolve discussions for square enix’s western division to SE as an entire company (the gaming division I mean) for multiple reasons

I will be real, if Microsoft buys someone from Japan its really between Capcom, SEGA and Square Enix in my opinon

1 Like

They’d need emulators but would love to see it. IMO they should be trying to work access to the Sega back catalog even if they don’t acquire them.

1 Like

fine by me

1 Like

It’s not strictly gaming revenue but it’s all sorts - theme parks, amusements, toys, anime and music etc.

Everyone has their own opinion, but for me sega or capcom will be bigger for ms to start in japan

And then, you can also said the same thing about namco, just make a deal for those licenses

Ubisoft has officially confirmed that there’s a new Splinter Cell in the works:

3 Likes

Yeah I see what you mean, I was simply going by the size of the publisher.

Square or Capcom would definitely held turn the tides with their Japanese market. As much as I personally prefer SEGA I’m not sure if would have as much as an impact.

Sega would not make a huge impact that’s for sure. SEGA has a set of really nice IPs, mascot and a strong branding power though.

But it is undeniable that Capcom and Square Enix are the publishers that would move the needle in Japan.

1 Like

As good as a remake is I wouldn’t call it a new game.

A first step, yes, but hopefully this will lead to a new game.

1 Like

SEGA would be big but not as big as capcom and definitely not as big as Square in Japan

We are talking about the king of JRPGs and the owner of resident evil, monster hunter, DMC, ace attorney and Street fighter here. SEGA is pretty big in Japan but in comparison, yeah

1 Like

Pretty much that, buying Team Ladybug (Touhou Luna Nights and Deedlit in Wonderland, both day one gamepass) would be more likely, Mikage LLC is working on Criminal Girls X, a mobile game and still TBA.

The indie scene in Japan is still growing up at this moment, and there aren’t much independent AA developers as I recall, maybe Yuke’s Media Creation or Silicon Studio?

That’s a pretty big misrepresentation of Xenoblade 1, 2, X, or 3… games which share far more with Fallout due to their scope than any of the JRPGs people are discussing. There’s a reason From used the Monolith world-template, and why Nintendo even had them help the EAD team build Breath of the Wild. Almost none of the descriptions attributed to Persona 5 apply to Xenoblade. Just want to ensure we’re not misrepresenting here, there’s already enough of that elsewhere.

2 Likes

How much would it cost Microsoft to acquire Nintendo?

I think it would be a good purchase. They could also put xcloud on all the existing Nintendo devices (Switches) for an easy win, And then work on porting all the Nintendo titles to Xbox and PC

A lot

More than Activison blizzard ?

assuming the Japanese goverment would let them buy their modern culture, I would say maybe 100 billion dollars or a bit more

Less

1 Like

disagree

Looks like Activision and Nintendo have similar market caps, so Nintendo would probably be higher since they weren’t trying to be bought.

https://twitter.com/Porshapwr/status/1483513104835264514?s=20&t=K70mgKnx8u8CAiZnDdmMeg https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1483615427892633600?s=20&t=K70mgKnx8u8CAiZnDdmMeg

1 Like