Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

I wonder if Sony were to purchase Square Enix, they would be able to leverage Kingdom Hearts IP and get bigger Disney collaboration due to them owning Spider-Man.

With the launch of back 4 blood, xbox should aquire Turtle Rock and partner with Valve to bring Left 4 Dead fully back from the dead for Xbox and Pc. Would make a lot of sense and im sure with a little negotiatiing xbox could work out a deal

2 Likes

I see no reason to. Also I personally don’t see any “exclusive” collaboration between Valve and MS.

So, OT3 lasted for about three months. Assuming this one lasts about the same, what are the odds we get an acquisition announcement before mid January? (meaning it happens while this thread is still active)

Given the upcoming launch of FH5 and Halo, and the holiday season - where things are likely to slow down, I don’t like our odds.

But, anything can happen. I will remain optimistic.

5 Likes

Left 4 Dead as a brand still holds a lot of value today, and there would be a lot of hype for it to return as people have a lot of nostalgia for the game (which is what back 4 blood is riding off of). So seeing the actual franchise itsself come back from the dead would be really cool

2 Likes

Back 4 Blood is literally just Left 4 Dead in everything but name so I personally see no need to pay for that license lol but I agree that brand association with it is strong.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for e3 2022. The Xbox and Bethesda and Sega press conference will be awesome.

9 Likes

FOLLOW ME

SET ME FREE

TRUST ME

AND XBOX WILL ACQUIRE SEGA ENTIRELY

7 Likes

I still can’t even get one period.

I agree if they won’t send them direct to store to give people a chance to get them, they should at least have waitlists using Gamertags and emails or some combo. I could wait a month or two if I knew how long I had to wait and was guaranteed one… I see them all over for $600-$1000… I am with you acquire gamers!!! haha.

2 Likes

I got one directly from MS by luck on launch. Mashing buttons like a mad man when pre-orders opened. The second I had pre-ordered at a local store, 1.5 years in queue and got it 6 months after launch.

4 Likes

I think your wishing as hard as i am nick, i want for xbox to.acquire all of se in its entirety not just its western studios but its japanese as well. So lets make a deal they acquire both se and sega in one fell swoop lol.

SE main IPs in Japanese branch are the legendary Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts. The value of these IPs is immense.

1 Like

Sega has been a partner for years and years. Just saying :wink:

1 Like

I know. But my theory is that they will buy people they are currently working with to deliver exclusive games – test out how well they work together, then tie the relationship down.

Just a theory, may change my mind tomorrow. :yum:

They very likely are working with Sega (Relic) on exclusives.

Isn’t the Warhammer thing timed?

Edit: I mean like real exclusives, either MS publishing it (IOI, Avalanche, Asobo, Crystal Dynamics) or for whatever reason a true exclusive (Image and Form).

Age of Empires 4 is a collab with Wold’s Edge developed by Relic.

1 Like

Ah true, had forgotten that. :+1:

Still, don’t get the feeling another big publisher is happening. If you’re asking me what I want Sega is top of the list, I just don’t expect it.

2 Likes

Sony doesn’t own all of spiderman just movie rights the rest belongs to disney/marvel

8 Likes

I’ve already started a manifestation circle many moons ago :wink:

8 Likes