Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

Yep, it is truly really interesting.

5 Likes

Now to announce Persona to Game Pass to celebrate :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Seeing Sarah Bond and others kinda makes this seem like more than just Azure.

11 Likes

This is my dream. Sega disc console BC. Imagine putting a Saturn game in your Xbox and playing it! I’m a Saturn nut, in fact I was playing the Cotton 2 fan translation on my Saturn earlier today to get some practice in for when the Xbox collection gets released. So many amazing and beautiful 2D pixel games on that platform :heart_eyes:. It’s probably impossible on a technical level though. I know the Xbox can recognize Saturn discs as a music CD, but not sure if it can actually read game data and grant you a theoretical BC version.

2 Likes

Very interesting with Sarah leading this.

1 Like

Let’s funnel the discussion into here, folks:

4 Likes

Ain’t nobody still got Saturn disc’s and their big ass cases though lol

1 Like

It’s very interesting that the Sega COO in the article above says twice that they are “considering” a deal with Microsoft, but everyone on this side of the pond acts like its a done deal. Wonder what that’s about.

2 Likes

Sega have a lot of western studios who can make great games for Xbox. Creative and Relic etc

2 Likes

:tongue::rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

They wont acquire, exclusive games though are possible

So now let’s put Sega Acquisition on ice for now…

First let’s see the fruits of this partnership and then judge any acquisition possibility in the future

4 Likes

Perfect time to figure out who those small studios are that Xbox is talking to

4 Likes

I really hope that one of them is toylogic(the guys behind the nier replicant remake)

They already have a relationship with xbox and with the news from bloomberg about xbox looking several studios in japan(big and small) I hope that they have talk with them

Just imagine a phantom dust remake, would be amazing

Might lead to something down the road but for now this is mainly an expansion on Azure. Sega already used Azure for PSO, they probably didn’t mind using it and were just looking to increase their use of it.

Might mean Sega will be making more online centric games. They do mention a super game, probably a big online game.

Something the PR release shares is MS interest in MS tech. I am guessing the MS game stack is probably how they’ll build games going forward. They’re environment is covers all bases IDEs, cloud, physics with Havok. Pretty feature complete.

This here. Can’t downplay this on the optics alone. Does it mean exclusives?? Probably not. Yet.

1 Like

The coo said they are considering, so some parts must be agreed upon or why make a big announcement.

It’s just an Azure deal But okay Nothing has happened here for a long time. Conspiracy theories are our everything

We are waiting for Sony to start releasing exclusives on Xbox, because they also have a similar deal :slight_smile:

1 Like

They did though :risi:

7 Likes

Azure is popular cloud for gaming as far as I can see. AWS is popular for movie streaming though.

But anyway, this event certainly certainly means no acquisitions in the near future.

She will certainly be the replacement for Phil if Phil retires to play Destiny. Interesting that both Phil and Satya are of the similar age so no idea when they will want to retire. Their job is not done yet.

Hindle and his “remember, no Japan”

3 Likes