Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It's Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE!

As this thread is in its last throws let us honor it. The paradoxical constant pessimism combined with unwavering faith in a splash. How “7” acquisitions became 70 billion. And how this thread full of crazies kept us all sane. Rip acquisition thread 4. You will be missed.

8 Likes

FTFY😉

“Acquisition season for everyone except for Microsoft !”

Well… That didn’t age well lol

5 Likes

Talking 35-40bn for Take two. However the top guys there seem to be cosy with MS so maybe theyd accept less.

I’m curious on the earnings and see how much quarter will it take to make it back with the purchase of Activision Blizzard King.

I can’t wait until OT5 and we find out MS is buying Asobo and some random companies that you never would have guessed like Clap Hanz, Kojima Productions, Camelot Software, Intelligent Systems and is bringing on Shannon Studstill to bring out a Xbox mascot game, like she did when she made PlayStation All Stars.

1 Like

Given how much cash is coming in each quarter, I don’t imagine it will take too long… but that thought is as impressive as it is depressing to us normies.

7 Likes

Microsoft, as a corporation, is not interested in minority investments. When they want to invest in a sector they just buy the company because I think they prefer to own the thing they want.

I’m suggesting they just slowly buy them out lol which is sounding dumb now yeah.

I see alot of sentiment that sony shouldn’t try to compete with Microsoft and should do what nintendo does with being one of the best selling consoles of all time. The thing is while that should be how it goes, that would also mean sony will now be competing for best consoles sales at best while xbox will move to the most users of its platform. Very different strategy, but playstation and xbox are not on the same playing field anymore.

5 Likes

that would be actually good play for Sony, with MK they would put the fighting genre on lock, the rest of studios would work on new IPs / Marvel IPs, but they need to do it now.

2 Likes

They should just buy out BioWare and their IP from EA. Then go to take two and buy out rockstar. Only if the govt starts to crack down.

I think this infographic from Reddit is fantastic at showing the ‘new’ studio situation after the acquisition closes.

There are still loads of studios out there!

RDT_20220122_1021477754756263605275334|690x517

6 Likes

Finding some flaws in the image lol

-Japan Studio doesn’t exist anymore. It was closed

-Outer Worlds isn’t Take Two’s, It’s Microsoft’s

-Sunset Overdrive is a dead IP. Sony stated they aren’t going to use it

6 Likes

This list shows how microsoft is far from reaching monopoly and that the acquisition is unlikely to be blocked

based on the reports i would say that the next targets could be

-Sega -Paradox -IoI -Valve -Square West -Capcom https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/28bhly/capcom_shareholders_open_company_up_to_takeover/ -Bungie

That link is 8 years old lol. Capcom actually was facing financial trouble in the early - mid 10’s. That is far from the case now. I don’t think they’d sell.

3 Likes

They seem to miss out compulsion, double Fine, inxile, playground, the initiative and worlds edge from the Microsoft section

This is hilarious…

:rofl:

22 Likes

OMG :skull:

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Xbox Acquisition |OT4| It’s Acquisition Season for Xbox with $69 Billion deal, NICE! (Part 5).