Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

This has been my theory just going by Financials. (Translate it and find out.)

This particular pub is almost mirroring Beth behaviour last few years.

Hulk by Creative Assembly. Purely horror setting, from the perspective of Black Widow.

1 Like

Oh ya! They have love angle as well.

It doesn’t matter if he’s dead in the MCU. The game would anyways be set in a separate universe.

2 Likes

I didn’t meant it from story point of view. More like what fan’s take will be on it.

But he just theorized the cooperation between Square and MS? Other than that it is not different from what we have come up with here.

You missed out the best one. But I forgive you.

Purely from a gameplay perspective Doctor Strange would be the best choice. Definately the hardest choice too. A combination of martial arts (Wing Chun style) mixed with a very diverse range of magic can create for a next level and very rich gameplay experience.

4 Likes

Love to see you’ve been enjoying the conversation. Always feel welcome to provide some insight to us if we’ve gone off base.

As I’ve mentioned before, I love looking at the M&A process but I’m definitely no expert at regulations of and everything (and I’m sure that varies wildly in every way).

Thanks for dropping in.^.^

2 Likes

Oh! How could i forgot it?

Doctor strange : sands of time

3 Likes

Can Bandai Namco be in this? I think it’s possible to be them.

1 Like

I suspect this will be a minority opinion, but I think what I’d love to see Xbox look for is more studios like Compulsion. Small, creative, unique, maybe in need of some assistance with resources to polish without quite as much time pressure. We’re seeing some of this with allowing small teams at larger studios to create games (Grounded for example), but I think if Xbox wants to be able to hit its goal of 3 billion gamers, it needs to have more teams making small creative projects. Mobile gaming, while being partially addressed with xCloud, appeals to a lot of non core gamers by the ease of being able to drop into something and play for a couple of minutes here and there. The few efforts that Xbox has made in mobile recently (Forza Street, Gears Pop, others?) were a bit underwhelming and seemed very bent on micro transactions. I played a decent amount of both of these games but they weren’t as focused on fun as they could have been. I actually really enjoyed some of the things that were available back on Windows Phone with Xbox achievements much more than I did the newer titles.

Xbox has the casual games team, maybe by expanding on that or finding some good mobile games devs, they could find a good way to make Xbox approachable to people who don’t want big titles.

Also, since it wouldn’t be a post without bringing up Crackdown :grin:, I think maybe mobile would be a good place for a future title in this world.

9 Likes

Buying a publisher is the easiest way to gain the foothold in the region.

8 Likes

If Microsoft can get the licensed IP in the deal, it’d be huge for Game Pass.

Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Piece, MHA, and Shonen Jump would be big.

Not to mention the gaming IP like Dark Souls, Tales, PAC-MAN, Code Vein, Tekken, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West…

I’d still love to see Scarlet Nexus jump int Game Pass day and date…

2 Likes

It might happen though.

I can’t imagine paying $16+ billion for Bandai Namco. That would be the worst possible option IMO.

7 Likes

The thing is that MS can form an alliance or something.

I think it could massive for Microsoft and highly possible for them to acquire Bandai Namco.

Imagine Ace Combat with a budget.

3 Likes

A good chunk of Bandai Namco’s output is anime games. Can’t imagine acquiring them and making those exclusive considering their target market.

But yeah, some sort of partnership could be interesting.

1 Like

Yeah Bandai does not seem like a prime target to bring people to gamepass imo. If they’re going to think about spending that much, might as well toss another 9 billion in and buy Take 2 which would have a much larger impact.

If they’re going for the Japanese market, I’d think Sega, Capcom, Koei Tecmo and Square Enix are all much better plays than Bandai.

5 Likes

Tbh, I’d also love to see Xbox put more effort into smaller, casual experiences. Games like 1 vs. 100, Geometry Wars, Rayman Jungle Run and the like that can be played by anyone, offer quick experiences for gaming anywhere.

2 Likes