Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

Honestly I don’t think so, in the very worst political scenario just make them to work with a Microsoft office in one ASEAN country and that can avoid everything. In the trade war the corpos made 99% of the products in mainland China, sent them to Malaysia and ended the last 1% so it had the “made in Malaysia” so the product wasn’t “Chinese”.

When Jez was talking about the XGSP deals he mentioned that some of the games were so big and ambitious he thought they could leas to acquisitions.

Perhaps they like what they are seeing out of Project Typhoon or Dragon.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s right, it’s a planned trilogy. It looks so good, visuals, the animations, the combat. And again, people would immediately shut up about “where is my third person action adventure?”

Exclusive would be awesome, but if it’s just coming to Xbox it’s enough for me already, don’t miss out on this MS please.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

1 Like

Welcome Avalanche and the legendary Just Cause IP to the Xbox Family Javier.

Fun idea (though I have no clue about a name, division head or mission statement)

• IO Interactive - Copenhaguen, Denmark -
  • Playdead - Copenhaguen, Denmark -
  • Moon Studios - Vienne, Austria -
  • Asobo Studio - Bordeaux, France (strengthens their French hub with Arkane Lyon + they proved they were a talented developer and they have a close relationship with MS thanks to Flight Simulator)
  • Studio Wildcard - Kirkland, Washington, US - (casual games and for the Ark IP that is popular + strenghtens their big hub in the Seattle / Vancouver area with MS’ headquarters, 343, The Coalition, Undead Labs, Turn 10, World’s Edge and XGSP)
  • Turtle Rock Studios - Lake Forest, California, US - (casual games + strenghtens their Californian hub
  • Mistwalker - Tokyo, Japan - (strenghtens their Japan hub with Tango Gameworks + Fantasian was rather well received and I would like the Lost Odyssey franchise to be expanded)
  • Supermassive Games - Guildford, UK - (I think that their choice-driven horror games are perfect for Game Pass + strenghtens their British hub)

Some studios I hesitated to put in that list :

• GSG Game World (for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. IP that is very popular in eastern Europe + I think that not buying 4A Games was a missed opportunity. But it remains to be seen if they can make S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 good since the history of this studio is unusual)
  • Red Barrels (Outlast games developer)

2 new studios:

• Vault Studios - a new studio solely dedicated tot he Fallout franchise. I put it here but it would make more sense for this studio to be with other Bethesda’s studios though. First game would be Fallout: Return to New Vegas (full remake with next-gen graphics, the cut content + additional content (locations, quests, weapons, radio songs…), FO4’s gunplay and sprint, Photo Mode, new radio songs, etc.)
  • Penitent Tangent (a new studio dedicated to tap into Halo’s universe and expand the franchise in new genres. First game would take place during the war against the Covenant or the Banished and be a Halo RPG in the style of Mass Effect, or even a co-op tactical 3rd-person shooter (that’s how I imagined a potential Halo: ODST 2)

Acquisitions of IPs:

• The Mandalorian (though a licensing agreement with Disney)
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (same)
  • Eternal Darkness (and the Sanity Meter’s patent) from Nintendo (give it to Ninja Theory or Supermassive), or just make a spiritual successor (like I imagined here) as I doubt Nintendo would sell the IP even if it’s obvious they will never use it again
6 Likes

It could turn out to be a great studio for Xbox. I don’t care for Just Cause myself, but apparently Mad Max (backlog for me) is pretty damn fun.

Although if this happens I can see a Just Cause 5 coming, Xbox Series and PC exclusive baybay! :stuck_out_tongue::roll_eyes:

Just Cause 5 is a weird way to write Crackdown 4

1 Like

Oh perhaps we finally fuse the two together:

Crackdown: Just Cause.

No messy numbers in the title, just a subtitle that’s a clever play on words.

2 Likes

tenor

3 Likes

Agreed. It’s my #1 best looking current generation game. Looks insane and really hoping that Microsoft doesn’t miss out on it.

1 Like

Two games that should stay dead. SMH.

Some of you wouldn’t know good game ideas if it Upped It’s Boom all over ya.

2 Likes

You know, actually… Avalanche could probably make a very good Crackdown game.

1 Like

So how that game should be called. Just crack or cause crack :phil_lmao:

1 Like

I’m actually worried I may have willed Crackdown 4 into existence.

:phil_lmao:

Don’t be.

My memes have more power than you can possibly imagine.

Indeed. I for one would greatly appreciate a fun sequel added to the series.

To me its obvious its IOI

1 Like