Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

12 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

2 Likes

You know, I specifically style my hair up to keep jokes from going over my head.

This one was like an airplane.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA

5 Likes

Now this is more believable than say xbox is buying wb next week. I hope this one is true :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Nice post - appreciate the accountability!

1 Like

I choked on my Swedish Fish candy.

4 Likes

The worst candy

2 Likes

That would by candy corn.

Apologies for the GIF, I couldn’t stop laughing at the absurdity of it, delete if need be:

sexy trick or treat GIF by Nickel Joints

1 Like

Excited to see how this week goes. Even if nothing happens, I love the discussions we’ve been having.:grin:

I would be inclined to agree. I don’t dislike Candy Corn or Smarties, but Swedish Fish are a go to!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Are these really Indies? I think smaller stuff with said term.

Everything which is independent is actually literally indie. It doesn’t to be about pixel art or 2.5D games with gong right side to be an indie (like most of the people think about indie games and as see them).

Yes, Deck Nine for example is an indie studio. Altough they’re doing now a game priced at $60 (Life is Strange: True Colors). Even S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 developer is an indie, with its 320+ employees.

He asked what we would like to see in Xbox Game Studios. I answered. I want to see these 2 studios. Great fit for single-player storytelling, very nice art directions from both and very high technical possibilities and abilities (via MSFS and definitely their past achievements) coming coming from Asobo.

4 Likes

STALKER 2 is an ID@Xbox project for example, MS and the other big corps within gaming consider “indie” any studio/publisher with an income under a certain threshold.

3 Likes

Image & Form doesn’t exist anymore. It was a subsidiary and defunct in 2020 as part of integration into Thunderful Development.

Thunderful’s structure is a bit more complex.

Image & Form (The Gunk developer), Zoink and Guru Games during the H2’2020 have been merged and integrated into the joint company Thunderful Development . In November 2020 the game studio The Station was also incorporated into Thunderful Development.

PLAYDEAD is doing now a game being published by Epic Games Publishing. I don’t think we will play it until 2023.

Personally, I don’t want to see them as part of Xbox Game Studios. Waiting many years for just a 2-3 hours side-scrolling game with not so much gameplay mechanics? No, thank you. Prefer to see that as a third-party with eventual Xbox Game Pass presence and that’s it.

Crytek with its Crysis Remastered is also part of ID@Xbox for example.

Alan Wake, after selling publishing rights from Microsoft to Remedy (unfortunately… :pleading_face:), is now an ID@Xbox game as well.

2 Likes

I kind of believe that iron galaxy could be one of the studios already acquired because they have been very quiet lately. They have worked with Microsoft on killer instincts. They also seem like they want to make their own games and not just ports and support.

1 Like

They already announced in November they’re working on some original multiplayer melee combat IP for consoles and PC.

They already did one – Extinction – and it seems to be a crap (referring to OpenCritic scores).

I respect the accountability, but MS has always timed its acquisitions announcements with big public events and/or symbolic moments, I don’t see any strategic timing within this week.

Anyway, considering Nadella’s words I thought they moved away from indies, I thought they were mostly interested in big names and IPs from now on.

Seems like they are making a game perfect for gamepass and its being headed by ex bungie alumni.

Was just a thought was wondering what happened to them after KI