Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

I look at them as a AAA studio but thats just me

2 Likes

Yes money has never convinced anyone to sell anything.

2 Likes

It’s probably playful, especially since they are AA and have been having money troubles

All he said was the IP wasnt hype AAA stuff. Most independent studios aren’t going to own AAA IP.

1 Like

Nordisk just bought them and have no real reason to sell

Profit lol

1 Like

Money. That is the only thing that matters, and Nordisk Film doesn’t care about gaming per se. Egmont, who is the real owner, is a media company that invests in a lot of studios here but Avalanche is the only one they own. They also only care about money.

2 Likes

The crown prince of saudi arabia recently purchased a controlling stake in SNK

1 Like

What if they brought out there stakes…

I’d imagine so?

I’d like it to be Asobo because of the history with Microsoft/Xbox and I think there’s a ton of potential there, but they seem like an AAA developer at this point. Plus their fairly recent financial developments suggest it’s probably not them. One day hopefully it happens.

Maybe Playful? I think NSLT is a great game and there is definitely room on Game Pass for more family-friendly platformers. With the right culture development and resources, they could build themselves up again.

Frontier Developments has a history with Xbox and would be a great pickup with some good IP, especially for the PC space. They also fit the family-friendly category. I’d love to see them revive Viva Pinata!

Other possibilities I’d be interested in include Hello Games and Giant Sparrow. The Ascent is also looking really good, so picking up Neon Giant could be a good idea.

5 Likes

Edit : If that means King of Fighters XV on Xbox and more Samurai Shodown, I’m okay with that. :slight_smile:

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Shit… idle sloth used my posts.

Sorry jez. :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh no, not by any means. As I’ve always said, these things take some time, and while it would be awesome for a big acquisition nuke drop at E3, I definitely would not go in expecting them for this go round.

1 Like

My dream acquisition will always be Bungie. I want them back in the fold. Otherwise, I am in for any surprises during E3 and the rest of the year.

Bungie is a great name but I can only imagine the headache with the Halo Franchise and 343 already.

Whole load of nothing folks, people need to stop listening to what Twitter personalities say

I am more interested in their next IP and where they are taking Destiny. If they never touched Halo again I am okay with that.