Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

5 Likes

I guess bc TT and NR don’t relies 100% on WB IP

3 Likes

The timing of slow mode was unfortunate my friend :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Or that they dont work on valuable stuff lol

Some interesting acquisition news you say?

week GIF

7 Likes

The Mortal Kombat film bombed so they just want to offload the IP. lol

MK is recognizable but I dont think its this massive profitable juggernaut.

Also isnt Killer Instinct Fundamentally different from Mortal Kombat? Ive read people saying they wouldn’t want NR working on the IP cause of that.

3 Likes

Just want to give a youtuber a shout out here. Mr Boomstick himself said he was sent a document about Netherealm and TT games being sold on one of his streams about a week and half ago. Think he deserves some credit tbh

14 Likes

Jez and Klobrille are obviously not fans of slow mode. They killed it. Neatherrealm and TT are just way to good of fits for Microsoft to not pounce on

4 Likes

I really think they were for sales when the Discovery case started.

1 Like

Yeah the new CEO is known for asset stripping the least profitable divisions. He is a very good business person tbh

1 Like

If anything it kept the initial reactions in check, just don’t let me regret removing it :wink:

6 Likes

Let’s play the “How Much” game, to the nearest 1/10th of a Billion.

1. NetherRealms with MK IP
  2. TT with whatever licenses they’re contracted out

You can trust the Gaben

1 Like

Well, you either get Netherrealm to develop Killer Instinct or microsoft likely spend years trying to find someone else… good chance it never happens.

Similar to Bloober with Silent Hill, people (fighting fans in general) can’t be fickle about who revives a dormant IP.

He says he has no credible information about acquisitions… what was all that pre-e3 stuff then (from him included)?

I think he said that it was something from a source he trusts, but he had no viable informations or documents himself to back it up.

2 Likes

I agree with that and i don’t think they’re the right studio for KI. Probably not a hot take, but Killer Instinct on XB1 played better than any NR fighting game last gen. However I would welcome a MK vs KI crossover

1 Like

You buy NRS and set them loose on a new Shaolin Monks game.

1 Like

NR and TT round out Xbox’s first-party. These are the studios to get and they’ve fallen right into Xbox’s lap if they can make the deal happen. All that Xbox would really be missing is a bit more in-house a Japanese development.

2 Likes