Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

Especially since he didn’t say something about an imminent acquisition so it should be good.

1 Like

Same

For those properties its irrelevant who owns them if you get exclusive games out of them for a while.

Yeah, can lead to a lot of interesting cross-overs and collaborations. Microsoft could keep the movies/tv shows/comics/etc. in tact and just license them out like they are now. They put no money into them and let whoever is licensing all that stuff cover the costs in addition to the licensing costs.

After Microsoft gets back all that initial cost, it’s literally free money for Microsoft.

My guess would be including WB Games, at least $20B. Could be more though. I don’t think that it would be less though.

Yep. Once the cost is gained back, it’s literally free money for decades to come. If it was up to me, I would go all out for WB and DC mainly because in the long term, I know that im not going to lose anything.

3 Likes

images (18)~2

8 Likes

You are telling me that WB wants to sell more of their game division?

random GIF

15 Likes

I can confirm this.

Whether or not this will lead to something remains to be seen though. MS is at least looking into it as far as I think to know.

57 Likes

The squirrel has spoken lol.

Although, to be fair this has always been very likely what with, shall we say, WB’s very shaky reasons to have studios under its belt in the current business environment over there.

2 Likes

I would say TT Games would fit very well MS’ needs for E-rated content, and NetherRealm with Mortal Kombat would add more diversity to Game Pass ( and who knows maybe a second team working on Killer Instinct ).

5 Likes

Expand Netherrealm into two teams working on Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct.

Sounds like a decent plan. :wink:

I wonder how Jez got his hands on documentation from Warner…

5 Likes

Are we going to remove slow mode with this new development?

I would love a MK vs KI game.

I hope Rocksteady is on sale because I feel that’s WB’s crown jewel and so much potential for that studio

5 Likes

TT and Netherrealm would be perfect for Xbox. Fighting games and Lego games with Xbox Mascots :+1:

4 Likes

I turned off slow mode since there is actual news to discuss. Just keep it sane, please.

30 Likes

Jez made it clear that Warner want to keep Monolith and Rocksteady… with Pattinson’s Batman and the Lord of the Rings Amazon series, the IP’s will likely have a surge in interest, so those studios are more than worth keeping.

1 Like

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

5 Likes

I guess bc TT and NR don’t relies 100% on WB IP

3 Likes

The timing of slow mode was unfortunate my friend :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Or that they dont work on valuable stuff lol

Some interesting acquisition news you say?

week GIF

7 Likes

The Mortal Kombat film bombed so they just want to offload the IP. lol

MK is recognizable but I dont think its this massive profitable juggernaut.

Also isnt Killer Instinct Fundamentally different from Mortal Kombat? Ive read people saying they wouldn’t want NR working on the IP cause of that.

3 Likes