Xbox Acquisition |OT2| Something, Something, Snowball Effect

I agree with this.

I definitely agree if they’re able to get the licensing figured out to work in their ecosystem they’d be a good get. Obviously if the licenses don’t come with $4billion is a bit much.

A lot of talent options out there with MS going for publishers now too.

2 Likes

it probably a couple factors but for me Square Enix support on xbox has been hit and miss and then you got these deal for timed exclusivity on FFXVI of like a year which will probably be extended then you got Forspoken which is a 2 year exclusivity. Final Fantasy i get but for a new ip from square 2 years is a long time.

Glad we see eye to eye on this. Im just baffled when people come and say no WB because “they wouldnt make the games I want”.

Just look at Paradox, @peter42O and Me agree its not for us but in the grand scheme of game pass and PC it seems like a logical purchase to keep growing the brand.

6 Likes

Mild bad news on Capcom front: deal for RE8 in exchange for only $5M in advertising (not even real money) and no next installment in Ace Attorney, I think Capcom overall is not a solid partner like Sega and Bandai Namco in this moment, I see the signs of future moneyhats frankly, the conjuction of the EVO situation makes me wary of SF6. :frowning:

As usual an Xbox player has to be concerned about Japan support, it will ever end? XD

1 Like

^From the game sale thread. It sucks, since I bought the trilogy specificially to send the message, but I guess when the numbers are that low they don’t see the point in making the port :frowning_face:

From what I saw on another forum though, the PC sales for the trilogy were higher than the PS4 ones. I think that taking PC sales into account is the best chance we have at getting Xbox versions of games (if it’s true that the new dev kit lets you target both at the same time).

Square Enix Western Division is fine with me its there Japanese Division that annoys me more than anything else.

1 Like

As I said in the community thread, if you consistently do not port this type of games sincer forever, it’s hard to make a dent. Also Xbox imo is “guilty” of not pushing hard enough with advertising sometimes, I get they are backing strongly Yakuza, but other niche series on Xbox with no past on the platform (like this, Ys, Valkyria Chronicles, etc), are essentially sent to their deaths. They bomb and the average risk adverse japan publisher never port that series again bar MS “juice”. It’s like a never ending loop since 2001. XD

Oh yes, I definitely agree with the risk aversion bit. I don’t have any particular knowledge about MS’s marketing or lack thereof so I can’t comment on that. I’m pretty much just grasping at straws here because the only way to change this as far as I can tell is giant bags of money (not sustainable) or making it so that ports are effortless. I really hope that the PC market is big enough to make Xbox ports more common.

1 Like

With advertising I also intend the basic prominence on store, Ace Attorney and niche japanese titles like this are rarely seen on the big discount sales on the store, you see them not nearly as much as anime games (which sell really well) or tentpole japan series (yours RE, FF, KH, etc). So no one in the grand scheme of things actually know that these games are on Xbox, because they are known to not arrive in the first place.

1 Like

Ah, fair enough, thank you for clarifying. I usually just check True Achievements for sales so it makes sense that I wouldn’t see default landing pages and such.

like i said no downplaying sega, no one said it would not bring subs. it’s just about the IPs it simple as that

basically it’s halo vs gears, gears will never bring the same numbers as halo

as for old games and IPs yeah people should not have much hope on these to be back or revived . it’s different company compared what what used to be. different people, ideas and vision. in the end probably 1 or 2 will back but the rest will be dead

3 Likes

i think SF VI Will not be on xbox

1 Like

that seems to be likely which is why we need xbox to find a developer or create one for fighting games.

2 Likes

I won’t be surprised, certain pubs will never take down a fast check from Sony, they never did, anyone remember Capcom Five and RE4 on PS2 after what? Less than a year? Or when the initial batch of 360 jrpg exclusives went to PS3 with exclusive content a year after? :slight_smile:

1 Like

if IG don’t want to do it or busy then what about Power rangers fighting game devs ? i believe the leads for it ex pro sf players. the game had rough start but now it’s good also they have good Netcode

Home - nWay

Yet I can’t fathom Phil will do nothing about SF6, I remember he was very sad for SF5 and he said he would have made up for it.

1 Like

how many studios out there that can make fighting games ?

Not many I fear, or KI wouldn’t be on ice.

if Phil want KI 2 then he also should bring back Mick Gordon, damn that game soundtrack is very good