Xbox 360 games will no longer be a part of Games With Gold starting in October

Originally published at: Xbox 360 games will no longer be a part of Games With Gold starting in October - XboxEra

Xbox released a statement today in an email to customers stating that Games With Gold will no longer contain Xbox 360 games alongside Xbox One starting this October. No statement was made on if the current 4 games will lower to 2 or not. It’s a blow to a part of the Xbox Live Gold service that has been getting weaker and weaker over time after Xbox Game Pass started up. The statement is copied below.

Beginning October 1, 2022, the monthly games provided to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Live Gold members via Games with Gold will no longer include Xbox 360 titles.

We have reached the limit of our ability to bring Xbox 360 games to the catalog; however, Games with Gold will continue to include exciting Xbox One titles and exclusive savings each month.

This will not impact any Xbox 360 games that you downloaded before October 2022. Any Xbox 360 titles that you redeem via Games with Gold before that time are yours to keep on your Xbox account, regardless of whether you continue your subscription.

Thank you for being a loyal member.

Team Xbox

2 Likes

Just a few more months left to see complaints about GwG X360 repeats or old X360 games. Microsoft listens. :phil_lmao:

3 Likes

Really a shame because that to me was the best part, I get to own the games and they are usually better selections that the Xbox One games :skull:

Wonder if they’re gonna settle on just two Xbox One games now, then maybe they should actually offer good ones there :sob:

4 Likes

Haha, well it’s better to not get anything than “here, have this again! such value!”, for me at least.

I do hope they up the quality of the two Xbox One games though… or will they give four of those? Hm, that would be interesting.

Ceterum censeo Xbox Live Gold esse delendam

1 Like

2 Likes

Damn I was hoping for just a few more of the bc titles to go gwg like binary domain

There’s still a couple of months to go so there’s hope for you still!

Maybe they’ll be added on a GamePass Ultimate Ultra tier…

1 Like

Is that Premium, or Extra? Is cloud saves included?

1 Like

I pray you are right but they have been repeating a few titles on and off so my hopes are low :frowning:

2 Likes

I hope they make up for it in some manner to be honest, would be a shame if they didn’t since Sony does give quite a lot of good games with their base subscription.

It’s the one where they come build you a cloud for your backyard.