Why should I invest in Xbox this Generation?

Game Pass

To me it looks like this. If you really love 3rd person action/ adventure, VR and want access to the majority of third party games first go with playstation. If you want more powerful tech, better services, a much better value proposition and a broader variety of first party genres go with Xbox.

What? 99,9% of all games are multiplatform. Haha

Honestly, with one console I would personally go PS5. The short narrative single player content is what I enjoy the most. For now Sony is king in this.

I find that multi platform games typically suit me better on Xbox. I have more friends there and I like the Elite controller more than any controller I’ve ever used. I’m grateful Microsoft will let me keep using the expensive controller going forward.

The series X provides a lot more value though. Game Pass is the biggest bargain in gaming history and it saves me around $1,000 a year. I buy too many games and now I don’t have to. I trust them with backwards compatibility and forward compatibility too. Using old accessories will also limit expenses day 1. Microsoft is selling a value and seems to be the more user friendly eco system going forward.

I read you love RPGs. If that’s your only requirement ask yourself. Western RPG or Japanese RPG? The answer is easy is that’s your favorite genre.

1 Like

He was stated a combination of those things… Which would make sense at this point in time.

It’d help if he could enumerate them. For now we only know of 2 unknown games and a few trinkets for others (like extra guns). What’s the percentage of 2 against thousands?

And that’s not counting the many first on gamepass MS showed on their show.

Please explain.

Yes they are, but by all accounts Sony is doing deals to get major timed exclusives while Microsoft is not. Also there are about 50 or so major ‘AAA’ third party releases a year. I could see a world where Sony gets about 5 and timed content on a few more of of them first and Microsoft has 1 or 2.

If you’re a fan of western RPGs then Xbox will be the place to be no doubt.

3 Likes

Thank you. So it is speculation based on rumors from “insiders” then.

This is all speculation. One of the consoles might do a Samsung and catch fire when you turn it on which would make all these conversations moot. Also Patrick Klepek said he had heard this in the latest Waypoint. I trust him as much as anyone.

Edit - Patrick Klepek was talking about the timed exclusive thing not the catching fire thing.

The worst thing is that next year there’ll be alot less tjan usual and time locking just a few of them when there’s a drought will be crap.

They are making it pretty easy to. Basically.

You can get into their ecosystem with the device of your choice, get the content you want and making sure that content is available everywhere. Like switch usually has visual and performance compromises compared to xbone, so even via streaming compared to running locally could be a situation where streaming is the better experience.

At that point it would be super easy for you to get in, and you would get a better experience than you get currently.

Then you could end up liking their ecosystem and considering other cheap choices to get in, like an S or to a pc you already own.

And if eventually you want to upgrade they will provide a console with a great cost/performance ratio, or if you want upgrade your pc that’s fine too.

And with the entry point being $1 for the first month plus any device you already own, that makes super ultra easy for you to test and see how you like the games and ecosystem.

1 Like

And there are rumors that Ms is spending big to get content day one on gamepass or soonish.

I guess we’ll have to see what resonates better with the general public. Spending money so the game stays a few months away to the competition or spending money so your customers actually gets something out of the deal.

Honestly I buy way more games than I finish so game pass is looking like it will save me some $

I like all kinds. Prefer Jrpgs but that’s what I have a switch for. SNES was my favourite and what got me hooked with Secret of Mana being my first. Lufia 2, Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia and Secret of Evermore was my childhood. Quest 64 brings back memories :sweat_smile: Very interested in what else XGS can deliver, Avowed and Fable are looking top notch, can’t wait for some gameplay. L. D

I historically would tend to just keep buying games and add them to a back log. Now, I find myself buying less games and immediately completing them because I can be more selective. The games I’m on the fence about I usually hold off and pick something up off Game Pass to kind of fill the void of wanting to try something new. For the past few years, it’s definitely done the trick.

If Final Fantasy and Persona aren’t your thing then the Switch should be good enough as a JRPG machine.

1 Like

Hey no issue. Just saying its really impossible to answer such a question honestly without diagnosing what you value as a gamer. For myself its Halo, Game Pass and Elite controllers. Know my priorities aren’t going to match up to everyone though.

1 Like

By the end of the year, Xbox will have the latest final fantasy, the latest kingdom hearts, and the latest dragon quest on gamepass. With the newest Yakuza, tales of arise and elden ring coming to xbox, they’ve got jrpgs well covered even if ffXVI comes late.

3 Likes

If you have an Android phone, fiddle with the games via Gamepass and streaming. Then decide if you want to buy into a device.

1 Like

Easy!!

Gamepass!

Anyways Xenoblade Chronicles is the best JRPG franchise:p tho I like Final Fantasy too.

1 Like