What's the most $$ you'd spend on GamePass per month before reconsidering?

I don’t think I’d blink if the price went up to $20 or even $25 / month.

After that I’d have to start thinking hard about whether just buying 6 full price games per year would be a better use of my dollars.

Assuming they close every way of getting it cheaper (Rewards points, Ambassadors rewards, conversion)?

I’d probably stock up on gift cards during Black Friday-like sales, at a rate of $10 per month of GPU or thereabouts with a family plan. I think I’d be willing to pay up to $20 MSRP but for me, half the fun is in bringing that price down.

1 Like

Ultimate is CAD $17 per month currently. I’d go to $20 without even reflecting on it. Once it passed the $20 threshold I’d start thinking about whether I need to stay subscribed all the time.

I’m someone who engage with this hobby in spurts. One month I’ll play a tonne of games, dedicating most of my free time to it. Then the next month I might not even turn on the Xbox, and just watch a lot of movies when I’m in the mood to kick back.

Right now I stay subscribed all the time, but once the price pops up over $20 I’ll probably start thinking about subbing and unsubbing as needed.

Really? So if the rewards program went away tomorrow, you’d definitely not renew your Game Pass subscription at any price?

1 Like

:scream: Don’t give Xbox people any stupid ideas!

3 Likes

To be fair, they have already been hamstringing the rewards program a bit. Most of the game pass ones are hardly worth attempting anymore. I only claim the ones I get in the course of regular use.

And the number of Xbox rewards app punch cards for buying new releases has basically been non-existent this year. There have been a few sale related ones, but I always wait on new releases to see if there will be a punch card, and that well seems to have dried up.

4 Likes

I’ve paid the monthly price for ultimate for the past couple of years and it’s definitely the best decision I’ve made gaming wise. So mush value for the money. I’d happily pay £20 per month or even a little bit more for the family plan.

1 Like

I was saying this in the Microsoft reward reddit thread. Purchase punch cards this year have been really scarce.

1 Like

I seldom buy AAA games full priced. But paying 20/30 euros for an indie for me is not that big of a problem. If Game Pass would be prices at 30 euro a month, I think I would buy a bit less.

I’d pay up to $19.95AUD a month before I start to question it, $24.95AUD would probably be my absolute limit. This is for Ultimate which is currently $15.95 a month.

Not much honestly, definitely not 20€+

For me Gamepass is MS’s first party studios, Football Manager and a few else, not really interested on indies or AA’s, i got too much to play right now to try them.

It’s not GP what attracts me from MS, it’s their RPG and racing studios, and i’ll try Starfield and Forza on Gamepass, but i’ll end up buying them, and wouldn’t mind buying them day 1 if the service didn’t exist.

Anyways, the Gamepass Ultimate Family deal is awesome, and in the future once MS’s games output is way higher, i wouldn’t mind paying it even if it raised it’s price a whole 50%

1 Like