What's the first game you're going to play in 2022?

There’s Hollow Knight which is a good fan favorite. There’s also Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth- and that game is ridiculously good but also not too long of a game, you could finish it 7 or 8 hours but I still highly recommend it. Both of them are on Game Pass.

It’s not on Game Pass but it’s Xbox BC with the 360 version. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is something I would definitely look into as well if you haven’t played it yet. It’s considered one of the best metroidvanias period.

2 Likes

It was Among Us with my brother and his two sons just now.

The big one will be Halo Infinite campaign. I’ve only played the prologue at release and was still busy with other games. Probably going to switch it up with Psychonauts 2.

Sweet. Thanks @Hearthian

And yeah, I haven’t yet played Symphony of the Night. I had it on the original PlayStation. Still do. But I never did get around to playing it.

I suppose I ought to remedy that. Thanks again.

1 Like

I will finish some masterpieces I couldn’t before New Year’s Eve, like Halo Infinite’s campaign, Metroid Dread and Record of Lodoss War.

And, hopefully, Goldeneye XBLA

1 Like

I would also add to Hearthian’s awesome recommendations the following:

• Ori 1/2 (both are on GP)
  • Guacamelee 1/2
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Axiom Verge
  • Steamworld Dig 2
  • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Also play Metroid Dread if you have a Switch! :wink:

2 Likes

Jeepers! Thanks. There’s way more to choose from than I had anticipated. :exploding_head:

Once I’m done with Zero Mission I’ll have some review reading to do.

1 Like

Record of Lodoss War was one of my great surprises from 2021 end. Didn’t finished yet but I played enough to recommend. I want to play Touhou Luna Nights as well because of this game.

Guacamelee 2 isn’t good, you can skip this IMO. The Castlevania Advanced Collection and Mega Man ZXs are also available on Xbox.

And if you want a very good twist on metroidvanias, take a look at Yoku’s Island Express. I don’t like pinball, but this game is very good.

2 Likes

I was thinking about Yoku’s Island Express, this game is a lot of fun.

Also I have to play Record of Lodoss War.

It was Forza Horizon 5 followed by a dominating game of Fiesta on Halo Infinite.

Currently cleaning up the last achievement I have in One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows.

After that, will be playing Death’s Door, GotG, Demon Slayer, and finishing extra stuff in Lost Judgment.

1 Like

I keep going back, bought it in 2020, just outside the prologue area still… but keep turning it off.

Waiting for the next gen upgrade before I hit it properly and don’t want to get so far and restart the game.

I have the books to read now as well.

1 Like

Bought the DLC for Assassins Creed Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla.

Gonna complete Odyssey and Valhalla and hopefully by then the Origins Series X patch has been released.

1 Like

This year is the year I will get around to completing Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I will also play new vegas again, like every year.

I’m going to stay away from multiplayer games this year aside from some halo here and there, this year is the year of completing the backlog and playing through some incredible games I’ve never gotten around to. Maybe I will do a Bioshock trilogy playthrough because I’ve never really played those games. I’ll also hop onto Fallout 76 for The Pitt expansion.

The evil within 2 because I loved the first game and haven’t gotten around to it’s sequel. Dishonored Death of the Outsider, and maybe Oblivion because people keep calling it great.

In terms of Xbox Game Studios titles I’m going to finish up Psychonauts 2, probably going to not touch Forza Horizon 5 much because it’s one of those titles that I can throw too many hours into. Maybe finish my Fable 2 play through if I get inspired to from a new Fable trailer. Pillars of Eternity is something I might be able to jump back into but I’ll need a cheat engine, I just don’t do good in cRPG combat.

I’m probably gonna skip Elden ring at launch, not a big from software fan. Their games are an awesome value because it’s got the perfect difficulty, but you need to sink a ton of time into those games.

2022, the year of the backlog and wait for Starfield.

Finally going to start Sekiro. I’m an avid From Software fan. Been on my list for a long time just never got around to it. Can’t go into Elden Ring without beating this.

1 Like

I played Halo Infinite MP after midnight so I guess that was my first :wink:

As for the first “new” game, I’m diving in deep into the backlog for the XboxEra Backlog Challenge so it will be something older but good! I have not decided yet, we’ll see tonight.

2 Likes

Some of those older Games with Gold titles, lol maybe I might play through that Indiana Jones original Xbox game they gave out a few months ago. That way I can see how it compares to the Machine Games Indy title.

1 Like

Yessirrrrrr, just a tip, don’t treat it like a souls game. Unlearn those habits of dodging and running away from combat because attacks track you wherever you go. Instead focus on staying on the enemy and deflecting. Essentially becomes a rhythm game after a while. Either way, Genichiro will in one way or the other beat this into you. Good luck!

1 Like

First game was Halo Infinite and first Achievement :achievement: of 2022 was “Sick Burn”.

I’ve never been able to kill someone with a charged shot. It takes so long to charge and the AOE is very small lol

1 Like

Funny thing is, I got that achievement just yesterday, yet I didn’t even use a Ravager. My teammate was the one who got the kill with it. I honestly have no idea what happened there, but I’m not complaining.

1 Like