What Do You Think Will Open and Close the Xbox Games Showcase?

What Do You Think Will Open The Show?
  • Avowed
  • Arkane Austin New IP
  • Compulsion New IP
  • Dragon Age 4
  • Everwild
  • Elden Ring
  • Fable
  • Hellblade 2
  • Halo Infinite
  • Starfield
  • State of Decay 3
  • Wolfenstein 3
  • Other (something else)

0 voters

What Do You Think Will Close The Show?
  • Avowed
  • Arkane Austin New IP
  • Compulsion New IP
  • Dragon Age 4
  • Everwild
  • Elden Ring
  • Fable
  • Hellblade 2
  • Halo Infinite
  • Starfield
  • State of Decay 3
  • Wolfenstein 3
  • Other (something else)

0 voters

Going under the assumption they are having a Games Showcase, and will merge BE3 and P3 shows, I think these will be the main candidates to open and close the show.

What do you think will open and close the E3 equivalent this year? My guess is the event opens with Hellblade 2, has Halo as the “centrepiece”, looks like it will finish with Starfield but the actual last game shown in a “surprise” moment is Elden Ring.

For comparison’s sake:

Opening Games:

2020 - Halo Infinite

2019 - The Outer Worlds

2018 - Halo Infinite

2017 - Forza Motorsport 7 and the Xbox One X reveal

2016 - Gears of War 4 and the Xbox One S reveal

2015 - Halo 5

2014 - Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

2013 - Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Closing Games:

2020 - Fable

2019 - Halo Infinite

2018 - Cyberpunk 2077

2017 - Anthem

2016 - Halo Wars 2

2015 - Gears of War 4

2014 - Crackdown 3

2013 - Titanfall

Man some of yall be real hopeful about Elden Ring Lolol but I like it :triumph:

Xbox having good relationship with From software would be enough for me for the whole xbox needs Japan thing. Imagine if that game comes on gamepass day 1, oh my god. But I can see it being that one more thing at the end. Would be fan service at its best and reinforce a new relationship between the two companies and associate the brands in a cool way.

Now that I’m done talking fairy tales, I’d say the show will start with Halo infinite again. It’s gonna be meant to be almost poetic - a new beginning, a restart, a second chance, any more metaphors you can think of.

The show will end with Starfield. Both coming 2021. Boom. Instant nut all over the screen.

1 Like

True. Who the hell knows with Elden Ring. I think Starfield will be at rhe end of the show. Even if not a 2021 title (I still hope to god it is), showing a bit would go a long way.

As for Halo, I think because it opened the show twice and closed it once, it won’t open again. It could send a message to people joining the stream it’s just “Halo again” so I’m thinking they open with Hellblade. NT have been teasing a lot more lately, by all accounts it looks like a graphical showcase, the game is MSM friendly being the closest Xbox has to a “God of War” type game and the original is very cinematic with moments that could serve as a good vertical slice.

Idk, could still be Halo. Delays aside, it is their most anticipated game this year, but after 3 years in the marquee slot, a divisive showing last year and a high profile delay, I could see the slot going to one of the new studio’s games.

1 Like

Hmm. I just think MS is still like that overly attached girlfriend who will want to prop up halo at every instance, despite past history showing all the mistakes, and ignore smart thinking lol. Hellblade 2 is definitely a great opening candidate, I mean, it’s what was shown alongside the reveal of Series X, so there’s definitely some important association going on there. That would definitely be my pick if I didn’t think MS wants Halo to be the biggest fucking thing this year from them. And closing with Starfield is almost orchestral, like everything leading up to that, a new era and finally answer some questions - Xbox pc exclusive and day 1 gamepass, drive that philosophy home and watch the world burn.

Elden Ring i really hope is shown at the showcase if not possible before that like next month (relying on Jeff Grubb’s teasing). It’ll be THE biggest third party hype they can get. Definitely one of the only few that can warrant a “one more thing” spot.

1 Like

They’ll open with Halo and we will all be blown away and all is forgiven.

They’ll close with: “Exclusive” -lots of spacey stuff- Starfield - This holiday"

2 Likes

I actually think they’ll open with Halo and close with Hellblade 2.

1 Like

Yeah they will open with Halo no question asked but Im surprised you think they will end with Starfield. As I see it every Bethesda game studio reveal is at least 10 min long. Either they tease it and Bethesda will make their own showcase to go deep or it will happen inbetween.

2 Likes

Its just I dont see anything right now being that one more thing like Fable was it would have to be an old Ip or a studio that is well know for making great games and looking at what I think will be there it just doesnt have that

1 Like

Halo and Starfield

ez

3 Likes

I’m thinking Halo: Infinite opens and something surprises us at the end (or it’s Starfield).

Fable was the one last time around, I could totally see something else come up and surprise us.

“If it’s not Starfield, what could it be?” You might ask.

Possibilities:

• Viva Piñata
  • Banjo
  • Exclusive Japanese Game
  • Killer Instinct 2
  • Roundhouse’s Game
1 Like

I dont think Viva Pinata KI and Roundhouse games got that one more thing vibe

4 Likes

I think Killer Instinct definitely does.

Roundhouse definitely can (these are the guys that were making Prey 2!)

Viva Piñata, depending on the scope, could be a big thing depending on where they go with it.

1 Like

I just dont see them as the one more thing and I love KI and would love Prey 2 from Roundhouse

2 Likes

Halo will defo open it in my eyes then they will close with a massive bang ala Starfield exclusive too Xbox October 2021.

4 Likes
  • Open - Starfield gameplay trailer, March 2022…full blowout at X021.
  • Close - Halo Infinite long gameplay trailer re-reveal and multi-player trailer, November 12th, 2021 with an overview trailer at X021.
1 Like

Open with halo infinite big rereveal with updated look at campaign with a multiplayer trailer flighting starting shortly

Close Starfield official trailer November 2021

3 Likes

After the Nintendo Direct stuff it really stood out to me, wow MS is going to be the best out of the 3 for having constant games because how many teams they have compared to Sony and Nintendo. I can’t wait to see E3 showcases in like 2-3 years time when everyone is all settled in completely, they’re going to be nuts.

All the games I think will show up at Xbox E3 2021, now I’m sure it wouldn’t be everything but here’s just a taster of what I think in no particular order what will be at the show (if they all are there then it would be a very good show imo) ;

1. Halo Infinite

2. 12 Minutes

3. Among Us

4. The Acent

5. Chernoblyite

6. CrossfireX

7. Disco Elysium

8. Scorn

9. Psychonauts 2

10. Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

11. Bright Memory Infinite

12. Forza Horizon 5

13. Hellblade 2

14. Starfield

15. Age of Empires IV

1 Like

Yeah it is nuts! Kinda why absolutely don’t get some of the concerns around here each and every day.

2 Likes

I see The Ascent, Psychonauts 2 and Crossfire X launching before E3 but besides that, yeah that’s a solid ass E3 show.

1 Like

Yeah you could be right on that one, maybe they’ll have another Inside Xbox to showcase them before the E3 show.

1 Like