What do you expect to see from Global Publishing? What would you like to see?

They should fill out holes Xbox own studios can’t fill. So get some family friendly games from Playtonic, Sumo or Frontier, maybe a platformer or a social game like 1 vs. 100.

Also produce some fan service. I’m not a fighting game fan but Killer Instinct should be revitalized. And give Remedy another chance with Alan Wake 2, with game pass it doesn’t really matter how long they take.

1 Like

YES <3 game was great <3

1 Like

I don’t think the MO of XGSP is to sign big budget games like Quantum Break anymore. Some LinkedIn leaks suggest otherwise and I’m happy to be proven wrong.

1 Like

I really think now is the time for Microsoft to try to start a new JRPG franchise with a Japanese dev partner. Nintendo was able to build the Xenoblade series from scratch and Sony has all but abandoned the genre outside of the occasional moneyhatted venture.

2 Likes

from the looks of the recent Phil interview, Lost Odyssey might as well be dead given how he talked about “Mistwalker were great but looks like they have different ambitions now” or something along those lines, probably referring to them doing stuff for Apple Arcade. So maybe that franchise and the developer are out of the question, which is a bummer, but something new is definitely in need.

3 Likes

I’d like for them to help for studios with their debut games like they did with Moon, Interior nights, Playground with FH1 etc. I think it’s exciting to see more talent, and the fact they are a new studio means there aren’t much expectations for it anyways. I’d hope it would be too hard as it would for long standing developers.

Though they should also have a AAA XGSP title every year as well. That way they can have more diverse games and it can fill the genres they don’t have studios for.

In the long term it can build a relationship that might convince those devs to sell to MS when the CEO wants to sell or they are nearing bankruptcy, or to just keep making deals like insomniac and Playgrounds were for a while.

2 Likes

A big budget action/horror game.

2 Likes

Recore II by Armature, obviously.

Conker new game by Playful (yes I said that).

Banjo Redooie by Spyro Reignited Trilogy team (and a new game by Playful too).

Asobo taking care of something like Plague Tale.

Dlala making a “season 2” for Battletoads.

Crytek making a Ryse spiritual successor.

Grounding Inc. making a true Phantom Dust sequel or reboot.

White Owl making D4 again.

Dontnod making a season II to Tell me Why.

And… There’s many more things possible… MystWalker making a new Lost Odyssey with Tabata as a director and Sakaguchi as writer.

2 Likes

Ninja Gaiden reboot with Tecmo

3 Likes

Conker is nothing without the rather explicit crude humor, so a studio like Playful that primarily makes children-friendly games doesn’t fit as good with Conker. I think the only studio that has the kind of history with similar games both in genre and tone that can pull it off is Double Fine, so if a new game in that series had to be made, they’d be the best fit for me.

3 Likes

I think they definitely need Japanese games like they did on 360, a FromSoft game and/or a new Ninja Gaiden from Team Ninja. Maybe a big JRPG/Lost Odyssey 2.

It’s been mentioned before but I think Toys for Bob could work on Banjo 1-2 remake and Double Fine on Banjo 3, with Rare helping/overseering. I think studios like Dlala and Playful with time and budget could do some great family friendly stuff. New Super Lucky’s Tale was actually pretty good.

2 Likes

Ninja Gaiden by Team Ninja

A horror game

A Conker by Playtonic

Ryse 2 by Crytek

Lost Odyssey Remake by JP Games

2 Likes

I’d love to see Microsoft Publish a Fromsoft game again, particularly something Miyazaki directed and a game from Vanillaware

4 Likes

I swear Microsoft has forgotten they own the rights to Banjo Kazooie.

2 Likes

With all the 1st party studios they own know, I would rather have them focus on some remasters and spin-offs of franchises we all love. Reading through this thread i’m not alone in this.

But something I would like to see, is a Worms-like game with some of the Xbox characters. Have Team 17 create this as a fun party-game.

And Top Spin. We need Top Spin.

1 Like

I would like another Crackdown completely focused on single player and co/op. Keep the same gameplay but improve.

Then just release it. No announcement beforehand.

8 Likes

I’d love to see original vision for C3 realized

1 Like

Ooof sunset overdrive is legit an amazing game. Play it if you can…its superb. Better than Ryse or QB by a long long distance…

4 Likes

You had me at Ninja Gaiden. Easily a top 10 franchise for me.

That said, I have a gut feeling Publishing will focus on IP they can own and cultivate. So along those lines, I’d love to see them use 2nd party to fill the gaps. Create partnerships with Japanese developers for RPGs and action oriented games in the vein of Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta or Devil May Cry. Create these partnerships with multi-game deals so that the IPs can grow over time.

3 Likes

What original vision?

1 Like