What do you expect to see from Global Publishing? What would you like to see?

What original vision?

1 Like

Complete destructible environment, that was heavily downgraded in the end

I believe that was only multiplayer from the time of announcement

Big yes to a JRPG. I think there’s potential in funding Tabata’s new venture.

Dont know where to post this and this was the closest I could find in a thread.

Why is Jez intent on pushing this long term exclusive issue with xbox. He of all people knows the games are coming and I find that it just comes off as disingenuous.

Already posted 2 hours ago @ Xbox Game Studios |OT2| It's pronounced "Krayg" not "Kreg"

1 Like

Just figured out what that thread is being used for now lmao. Thanks!

Makes sense because they still have to show the games, and hopefully next year they can start making the shift to change narrative. If Microsoft is able to get starfield, Halo that fans and critics enjoy, forza, and possibly hellblade then that can help change the narrative. Until then this narrative rings true.

1 Like

A great list here. Excellent suggestions. Please go even crazier then haha. Want to know.

1 Like

This is exactly why it’s important to keep the community in the loop when it comes to the games in development.

Hellblade 2 was announced a year ago and we didn’t get any info afterwards. I am not even talking about gameplay. Even general info about the game itself would be fine.

I would love to hear more about Avowed or Fable even if they are still in the early stages. Like, what can we expect from those games?

It was around 5 months ago when they revealed most of those games so a small update (TGA?) on some of them would be nice. Waiting for E3 is painful.

1 Like

Well it’s true though. They have a brand new console and not a single a exclusive to entice people. I can’t think of any other console that launced without at least 1 exclusive. The Xbox One was dragged through the dirt but its launch exclusives were pretty good and a nice graphical showcase for the Xbox One.

1 Like

I honestly don’t get the point of beating a dead horse. We already know what the showpiece game was supposed to be but that didn’t work out. MS cannot just clap their hands and make a new AAA game appear out of thin air. So i don’t even see the need for Jez’s comment , really. Especially since he’s supposedly in the know about why this situation happened with xbox games studios ( as in they really just started gearing up in 2018)

There are 23 + studios now. Games won’t be an issue. Besides for all the talk of launch titles, people didn’t seem to care much in 2013 so why do they care so much now?

1 Like

Because they put all their eggs in the Halo basket when in reality it would have been smarter to at least have 3-4 other exclusives to fall back on if one game fell through or got delayed. Sony has Demon Souls, Sackboy, Astro and Spider-man Miles Morales at its launch. It’s not beating a dead horse it’s a very valid criticism.

2 Likes

I wish we’d get a bunch of exclusive Sega games juste like in the OG Xbox days. Maybe MS should just finance those. Even though they are Japanese in origin I always feel like Sega games have more appeal in general to the Xbox gan base than other Japanese games.

You know this isn’t true, right? They had more exclusives planned for Day 1. The Ascent, The Medium, Gears 5: Hivebusters, CrossfireX… COVID hit hard dude.

But also, yes, it is beating a dead horse.

1 Like

None of those are first party though and they’re timed exclusives on top of that. Gears 5 hivebusters is an update not a game. Microsofts first party problem has been bad for years but they still couldn’t get it together for Xbox Series. I personally don’t care that much i love my new Xbox and I’ve been addicted to Yakuza Like a Dragon. I just don’t agree with people who disagree with the criticism.

3 Likes

I think Hindsight is always 20/20 with these. Halo would’ve been more than enough but that delay hit hard. Part of that is on Covid, part of it on 343. Nevertheless, I think releasing 4 games in August was kinda a mistake tbh.

Still, the upgrades to existing games are great and in the grand scheme of things, they sold out anyways and the majority of consoles are sold 2nd year onwards due to stock and titles. Now, I think if MS can get Starfield, FH5 and Wolfenstein, As Dusk Falls, Flight Sim Console Psychonauts 2, Project Mara and Halo out next year they’re in damn good shape (and yes, the Bethesda games should be exclusive until the pipeline stabilizes) and remember they are buying studios still.

I also feel that 2022-23 will be the years for MS and unless Sony pulls some surprises out of their hat, MS will win handily. Avowed, Hellblade 2, Forza, Arkane Austin, State of Decay 3, Compulsion’s game (?), Gears 6, Everwild, The Initiative’s Game, InXile’s RPG (?), Age of Empires 4, a Double Fine multiplayer game, Mojang’s secret game (?), whatever Global Publishing has up their sleeves, any new acquisitions and their games and any games delayed from 2021 (hopefully none). It’s gonna be nuts.

1 Like

So now you’re moving the goalposts. You said “exclusives”, now it has to be first-party? Let it go.

Also, we don’t know if they’re timed or not, especially in the case of The Ascent or CrossfireX.

Much better than what the ps4 launched with but nobody cares to bring that up.

Ill take this launch lineup of crossgen and enhanced games over last gen any day.

Tbh covid hit everyone and PS still shipped with miles and Demon’s Souls and sackboy and Godfall and Pathless. Xbox pretty much only had gears tactics and Falconeer, neither being bad in any sense but former is niche, latter is small indie. Sure Miles is cross gen, but so would be halo. Kena, ghost wire, Deathloop, destruction all stars all got delayed on the PS side as well. I honestly didn’t even think it was possible Demon’s Souls was a launch title when they first showed it back in June but here we are. Sony stuck to its guns and delivered and it makes sense, because there’s literally no other recourse for sony than relying on games to drive their hardware. Whereas it’s fair to say Xbox sold the consoles on BC and services and the promise of power which is yet to be fully realized.

It’s honestly fine to feel Xbox made a big mistake putting all their chips on halo.

And yes that’s beating a dead horse, but I don’t expect this to stop until exactly what people are asking for, literally show fucking anything to get people excited and hopefully tga shall be that place.

3 Likes