Video Game Market Analysis Thread

I mean those are absolutely important but I don’t think it’s just that, they are selling everything they send over there, they just don’t seem to be sending much at all

Basically this goes to show some things

-Brand power is the most powerful thing there is

-Casual audience does not care much if the game is super buggy (I am not attacking casual players, just saying that they are not attentive to this stuff), so a more hardcore game like Cyberpunk gets more criticized as the audience is much more attentive to the bugs

-It’s easier to “forgive” the bugs if there’s a fun game underneath, many people saying this is the most fun they had with Pokemon in a long while

My sole experience with Pokemon is like, 5 hours of Pokemon Black many years ago, so I have no horse in this race.

1 Like

Holy !!

1 Like

And still no statements on their other recent titles like GT7 or H:FW. Probably shows how those others failed to meet expectations.

They were heavily bundling Horizon for a reason. Granted GoW had a lot of bundles too.

Yup. This completely destroys anyone’s goalpost moving saying Sony no longer says how many copies they sell. They’re very much tied to it. The reason they hadn’t indicated for other titles is obvious. Other folks are in heavy denial.

2 Likes

Well in 2 years they will tell than they sold 10m Horizon bundles and they will call it a win

Nintendo’s revenge from court document.

4 Likes

Hilarious. I wonder how many people play, see those bugs and say that it was meant to play that way :joy:

What are the differences between two versions?

Different rare Pokemon I believe.

Further details

https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1595556558741577728

Small, dead market though :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

God Damn. What a beast. The profit margins on the game must be insane.

1 Like

The way Nintendo’s first party sell like a gangbuster, they should make the next switch even better with highly subsidised price. Even more then they did with switch

It will sell even more and well, games are already selling gangbusters

• Switch OLED – 102,605
  • Switch Lite – 40,432
  • Switch – 27,656
  • PS5 – 26,946
  • PS4 – 5,803
  • PS5 Digital Edition – 4,912
  • Xbox Series X – 1,373
  • Xbox Series S – 154
  • New 2DS LL – 34

PS4 got big numbers and Xbox Series X seems to sold a lot in comparison to S. I wonder where all their console are going at this point (Azure) considering how many consoles Playstation is able to supply these days :thinking:

That PS4 jump is very strange considering they were selling like 100 each week at best for the last year

Xbox console supply continues to be garbage since like TGS

1 Like

I think it is due to Software Sales

1. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet – 2,537,292 / NEW
  2. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 36,958 / 3,368,155
  3. [PS5] God of War: Ragnarok – 9,901 / 39,278

4. [PS4] Monochrome Mobius – 9,066 / NEW

1. [NSW] Tactics Ogre: Reborn – 7,687 / 44,470
  2. [NSW] Minecraft – 7,449 / 2,855,406
  3. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7,330 / 4,906,589
  4. [NSW] Cardfight!! Vanguard Dear Days – 6,649 / NEW
  5. [NSW] SympathyKiss – 6,072 / NEW
  6. [NSW] Sonic Frontiers – 5,837 / 31,904

But they havn’t had stock for ages now, did they make stock available purely for this game?

Or has there been lots of ps4 stock but nobody was buying it until this game came out?

Either way it’s a bit strange

Perhaps a bundle or special sale. It could be like what happened to GT7 when the sale went up after surfing around low thousands for weeks.

1 Like

The game is a spin off in the very niche Utawarerumono series, and it also released on PS5 (looks like that version didn’t hit the top 10) this game has nothing to do with it lol, it’s no system seller.

I can say though, PS4 did jump ahead of Series S on Amazon JP, so it’s accurate.

Sony said they will continue to produce PS4 consoles for 2022 right? Maybe they threw a bunch at Japan now that holidays are coming up. Or they found a warehouse full of them lol. Maybe retailers were keeping them backstocked till holiday season came up? I doubt we’ll find a proper explanation

For Xbox stock, well as I said last week, Famitsu may have course corrected their tracking method and now we’re seeing numbers more accurate to what MS has always been sending (besides times like that $50 gift card deal, they probably had a ton there).

I would say with Black Friday deals going on in the West, MS is throwing all stock this way as well.