Video Game Market Analysis Thread

It’s too bad NCAA Football :football: won’t be ready until next summer. That game is going to sell a lot of casuals a new console.

Saints Row will move Xbox’s for sure I’d say even Series S consoles will be extremely hard to find from August 2022 - 2024.

FF7R remains 2nd.

GOW continues to have legs.

Elden Ring misses a spot in the top 10 for the first time since it’s launch. (Hell of a run)

Monster Hunter Rise is still crushing it.

So excited for NCAA Football. Will probably be my most played sports game this generation if it’s even…“OK”. This generation looks like it’s recapturing some of the best missing pieces from the 360 era.

1 Like

Absolutely not. And wont be for a long time. There maybe certain places where you can get one more easily

People always forget that AAA games from third parties move consoles too. I think the Xbox console shortage will continue to pick up strength from August onwards. Literally every AAA will sell Xbox consoles.

Best case scenario for Xbox is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is day 1 Gamepass this holiday (obviously isn’t guaranteed since the Activision deal would need to close soon for this to happen.)

Worst case scenario for Xbox is they have no big first party games to support Gamepass for the holidays but Xbox still sells literally every console due to excitement over third party AAA games and the console shortage.

My point is, unless for some reason the game industry delays every game, even in the worst case scenario Xbox sells every console produced so long as AAA games are being released.

1 Like

I brought this up in another thread but curious to see what others think Sony should do. Should Sony temporarily stop producing PS5’s to build its cloud?

They wont. And i dont think they should. They cant win that race. Focus on hardware and VR. And put your damn games on pc day 1.

2 Likes

Good points. It will be interesting to see how Xbox’s new smart tv app does now that it’s finally out after years of hype.

Sony should lean heavy in native PC versions and use that as its streaming base. They’d still have to sort out 3rd Party Streaming though, so this is no magic bullet either.

Redirecting posts to here from other threads and posters @TheBrightestSun

• Switch OLED – 28,267
  • Switch – 19,089
  • Switch Lite – 9,193
  • PS5 – 7,257
  • PS5 Digital Edition – 1,924
  • Xbox Series X – 4,881
  • Xbox Series S – 4,034
  • New 2DS LL – 141
  • PS4 – 17
2 Likes

I believe japanese exclusives can only improve Series S sales at best and even then it is hard to say if they are selling all of them or not. Because no doubt Series X is always sold out.

1 Like

Its nice to see sizable quantity of Series X sell over there, more than the few hundred they had before. It would be nice if they could bump up to 10K to 15K SeriesX and same 10K to 15K SeriesS per week. I think 100K a month overall for Series Consoles would improve the perception.

I hope the demand is there to sustain 100K - 120K monthly. Like you said, we don’t know if there is oversupply or not.

1 Like

Japanese Twitter users seem legitimately excited when they post about getting a new Xbox. Anecdotally I’d say Forza Horizon, Gamepass, and Microsoft Flight Simulator are the biggest drivers of console sales in Japan.

I liked one post one post the other day and it must have messed with my algorithm because I was getting non stop posts from Japanese users with news Series consoles lol

1 Like

Looks like another good week for Xbox in Japan.

I’d say the Xbox milestone we should be looking for is an Xbox game charting in the top 30 and then top 10.

1 Like

There is, it’s Minecraft :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No. Sony should continue to focus on PlayStation 5 and while doing that, focus on getting their exclusives on PC day one via Steam and Epic Games Store.

Crazy how Xbox is doing almost 9k in a dead month…with no real AAA exclusives right now. Good on them for this. Hopefully Soul Hackers does well even though it has no physical in Japan. Hopefully the digital sales do well.

That might never happen due to S being digital only and Xbox physical games just aren’t stocked over there properly. IF youre’ a hardcore Xbox fan in Japan and want to buy physical games you’re gonna need to pre order or buy online most of the time. Especially now with more digital focus.

1 Like

That is exactly why I put that out there, even Playstation games are struggling to chart. If Xbox can chart a physical game in the top 30 it should be seen as a big win. A top 10 would be a very big deal and a sign that Xbox has regained physical store presence.

This would be a clear indicator of a “win” with no excuses about competitor supply constraints or whatever.