Video Game Market Analysis Thread

All because Greenberg responded to the tweet lol.

3 Likes

After that tweet from Zhuge, we back at square one, we need to wait from Microsoft and Sony to release some official numbers.

1 Like

What was that tweet from Grubb that he deleted? This whole thing has been weird.

1 Like

Microsoft will never release numbers.

1 Like

Yes and the worst part is, he knew this will happen. lol

Yes, yes I do.

Which is even more impressing considering consoles is not as vital now as it was then to Xbox.

1 Like

Wasn’t it to do casting doubt on the figures, and then he said he was told it is not far off?

VCchartz is never accurate, please keep that in mind.

2 Likes

Well, then people who are obsessed over sales numbers will go crazy. :joy:

1 Like

I understand what Grubb is getting at here, the market analysts are being unfair while not giving their onw numbers on the case.

VGChartz guesses because no one else gives a concrete number on things or a better guess, so it works fine for the majority of people.

No one will take those numbers seriously, just take that one console is ahead of the other by some margin and that should be ok.

This isn’t about VGChartz being accurate, it’s about it giving a notion that no one else tries to give.

5 Likes

For all we know they are neck and neck. If Xbox is not releasing numbers no one can really know for sure.

1 Like

Isn’t there a few countries that 100% track sales numbers, Japan and UK come to mind. That’ll be the main way to see how well it’s selling plus using the HW growth YoY that MS should report.

I don’t believe they’re neck and neck really, but it’s way better than the One gen.

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say MS will most likely at the very least get the US market fully back imo by the end of the generation, the rest is up for debate.

3 Likes

Sure, but they will never get satisfied, because they want to hear official numbers from the company.

I believe so too, they want to regain their home first that’s for sure.

I’d guess that they achieve that before the end of the gen, CoD and Bethesda are going to help a lot in this area.

I’m assuming it’s this:

That’s from Bing’s cache, and I don’t see that Tweet in Grubb’s Twitter timeline any more. So I’m guessing that’s it.

4 Likes

1 Like

Have you not visited any other areas on the internet? :laughing:

1 Like

Fanboys taking it seriously? Who takes fanboys seriously?

I’m happy VGChartz exists because you can take your onw guess on top of theirs, fanboys are going to fanboy about the stupidest things anyway.