Video Game Market Analysis Thread

Oh wow they said that? O.o So they only expect to sell 28 million+ this year? Do you know what was their past forecast?

Nevermind then, will just wait to their reports then. It should us give juicy information.

Oh wow! Was I under a rock all this time?!

So it will be 21 at best in their reports.

And my predictiom for xbox is close to 15 and close to 16 at best.

Lets see what happens!!

They were at 17.3 Million at end of 2021. I found that detail at the same article I linked, so edited an earlier post to include that detail. That would put their expectations to be at 28.8 million at end of 2022.

I wonder if Sony will give any sales numbers at their quarterly meeting. I think they will regardless of how it looks.

1 Like

Absolutely. Will they give sales numbers for their games too? I hope so…that and more info about their “multiplatform” initiative. If Im not mistaken, GOW 2018 and uncharted 4 pc port were “leaked” in their past fiscal year report.

1 Like

Personally believe Xbox is about 15m +/-1m and the PS5 a little under 20m. For xbox that would put it at it’s best selling console at this stage by quite a bit and better selling then I expected at this stage. I only expected the Xbox to really kick on in 2023/24 when the game catalog has really filled out with all the first party studios putting out their games.

We have the words of CEO Phil Spencer which said during an interview that the Xbox Series consoles have outsold and are outpacing all previous consoles.

Taken from DF @ Xbox Series X/S is Microsoft's fastest-selling Xbox console generation, despite supply constraints | Eurogamer.net

But Spencer went on to say that Xbox Series X/S had achieved this fastest-selling feat despite the much-reported supply shortages hitting chip manufacturers, production delays due to the Covid, and various global distribution bottlenecks.

2 Likes

In two weeks we will learn Sony’s numbers but the smaller the gap the better. Though I think USA market is doing the heavy lifting for Xbox here.

Xbox Series selling better than Xbox 360 is probably due to Series S as I think there are people (unlike Xbox 360 era) that buy it as a companion console too.

I think it was Jez who said that the Switch inspired the Series S because the switch was a companion console to non-Nintendo gamers.

I think that would be similar to prior generations, where USA was the top Xbox Market and the UK coming up second. At least that’s how my fuzzy memory wants to recall it.

1 Like

5 Likes
5 Likes

So much drama over nothing lol, I’d say being 1m over or under is fair enough and a pretty good guess if they are just guessing / using some sort of data.

5 Likes

All because Greenberg responded to the tweet lol.

3 Likes

After that tweet from Zhuge, we back at square one, we need to wait from Microsoft and Sony to release some official numbers.

1 Like

What was that tweet from Grubb that he deleted? This whole thing has been weird.

1 Like

Microsoft will never release numbers.

1 Like

Yes and the worst part is, he knew this will happen. lol

Yes, yes I do.

Which is even more impressing considering consoles is not as vital now as it was then to Xbox.

1 Like

Wasn’t it to do casting doubt on the figures, and then he said he was told it is not far off?