Ubisoft working on Assassins Creed: Infinity

With Ubisoft you’ll always get a game that won’t be bad. That’s the best way I can put it. It will have moments where it almost becomes a great game but something will push’s it back to being fine. You won’t feel like you wasted your money.

(Looks at The fighter within Kinect game case)

It did at launch but sales dropped after many complaints about the XP grind. Ubisoft were expecting the sales not to drop off like they did that’s why they came out with the underperforming line. If you remember Division 2 launch came and apparently did not make Ubisoft money that’s when they updated Odyssey and made the XP no longer grindy and sold the game for about £20. That’s when sales picked up because Ubisoft had to make some money back because they had a bad 2019 financially. I’m not saying it failed i’m just saying it did underperform because of that gameplay loop at the time.

side note the XP grind debacle was linked in with the micro transactions in it. I think they were the boosters

I don’t know what to make of this tbh. Could be interesting, could be a disaster.

Well, I guess it’s good I never finished Valhalla, because that looks like the last AC game I’m gonna play.

Damn shame, I LOVED this series and it’s stupid ass lore, and now I don’t have time for this GaaS Live Service game they’re making.

Farewall Assassin’s Creed. You were one of my favorites.

I’ll wait and see on this. I’m not necessarily opposed to the live service idea. Assassin’s Creed is always hit-or-miss for me based on the gameplay; I like some and don’t like others. If the minute-to-minute gameplay remains as fun as the last few have been, I’m down with this.

Just let me create my own Assassin guild with my friends then it will be worth a shot

I just don’t like all the intrusive live-service shit in these kind of games. It’s always immersion breaking and pointless.

Not surprised. It’s the direction they’ve been heading for a while. And who can blame them when all the popular money making games are the always online live service games.

Barring it being a disaster, I will still buy and play it. Of course, I am expecting the combat/gameplay to be excellent and better than even Origins/Odyssey but the story and characters will most likely suffer.

They said that after 6 Far cry is being changed in a way people will be surprised about. Reckon they will do this with Far Cry?

Probably. They seem to be doing the same thing that they did years ago where every game is setup the same. So my guess is they will make every franchise live service and after a few years when it doesn’t work, they will change it all up again. The only way they don’t is if every game takes off which I don’t see happening.

What happens if this Assassin’s creed infinity is just Skull and bones re-purposed lmao

You are the one that made the assertion. Shouldn’t you be the one that provides proof of your assertions, instead of making other people prove your point?

Assassins Creed been a live service game since like Origins what exactly am I missing?

2 Likes

Can’t wait to hear Jason tell us more about the new Switch with upgraded specs…oh wait.

1 Like

Live service means different things to different people. It’s possible to ignore the service elements of AC and play it as an offline game and still experience 99% of the content. I think when people talk about pivoting to live service they’re imagining something more like Destiny where it’s not possible to play it as an offline, single player game.

1 Like

Guess it will come down to the multiplayer integration part that they will need to prove i’m guessing

2 Likes

Were you trying to avoid the phrases like ‘live service’, ‘mmo’? :slightly_smiling_face:

smaller AC content would be a nice improvement indeed