This is Microsoft's to lose or win

That is what the insiders are saying. Not Sony. Most PC gamers will tell you as much, that they would prefer to play a game at 60 or 120 fps, with all the bells and whistles. Native 4K is a complete waste of resources, especially when turning on things like ray tracing, and UE5 … if a 2080TI cannot do it, I can straight up assure you that neither of the consoles can either.

A substantial power gap? It’s the lowest power gap you’ve seen in a LONG time. Yes, the Series X has a better GPU, but it isn’t really that big of a difference. If you are expecting that, going to be disappointed. Just be happy that you will probably get better ray tracing … and a few more fps

Austin Evans had a great video on this …

Just because it doesn’t interest me doesn’t mean that it’s unappealing. It’s a great value. But I don’t want subscriptions. I don’t want Netflix, I don’t want PS Now, I don’t want Hulu or Apple TV+ or any services. I just want to buy great games, and I have no desire for a service. There are millions like me that are the same way.

As long as we keep getting great games, and as long as they realize that Game Pass appeals to the minority of people, everything will work out great.

Its more than just 2 flops at this point. That ex ND dev was on RDX yesterday and he reiterated what he has heard from devs about the PS5 vs XSX. Apparently the gap is quite significant.

The only thing Microsoft has to win is my money. Everything else doesn’t matter. Give me a reason to give you my money. For me, right now, it is Gamepass and everything around it. Anything console wise, sony wise, I can give two shits less about. Give me great games and I’ll find my way to play them.

1 Like

No, use dynamic res and whatever DLSS AMD is going with.

That way when we get better hardware mid gen these games will auto scale to the hardware. Fixed res checkerboard is stuck and causes to much artifacts.

DLSS is the fufure - that is for certain

It depends which insiders you listen to. Frankly the specifications speak for themselves. Sony’s peak performance will not be sustained, the gap will be even larger than the raw specs. It is what it is at this point. Sony have in my view made too many sacrifices.

It does so does the price so does the software.