The Xbox Series X|S guide: every optimized game, future releases, Game Pass and more!

To be honest this is missing “some” games. So with gamepass you will be able to play every game that you can play now also on XSX (besides the ones that will leave the service) and especially you will be able to play all X1 games, day one. Every X1 game is an XSX game. So in general I think BC should be included and what that actually means when the console will launch holiday.

Excellent collation. I didn’t know about more than half of these.

Quick question -

Is Wasteland 3 being enhanced/optimized for Xbox Series X? Also, is it confirmed to be backwards compatible for Xbox Series X? Thanks.

1 Like

Well, while you are technically correct, it would make no sense for me to list every Xbox One game out there (or even the original Xbox or 360 games, as some of those are backwards compatible aswell). And I think that whoever visits this thread is interested only on the games that have a Series X SKU - basically every next-gen game, being it a brand new game or a smart delivery upgrade.

There are currently no news about a Series X version for Wasteland 3. The Xbox page for the game shows only a Xbox One / Windows 10 version at the moment, but things could change in the future.

On the other hand, every game that doesn’t require Kinect will be backwards compatible on the Series X day one (source).

2 Likes

Okay, cool. Thanks for the info Bruno. Appreciate it.

1 Like

This is a really fantastic thread

2 Likes

This thread is gorgeous.

2 Likes

I will be using this thread quite a lot in the future, fantastic job.

2 Likes

Amazing OT @brunopcosta1 Thank you my friend. :green_heart:

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to Observer: System Redux, I started the game a few years ago and got about 5 hrs into it and got side tracked. Will be great to dive back into it with Ray tracing and running on the Series X. Bloober is one of my fav devs this gen.

1 Like

Can someone explain what those numbers in a circle represent next to certain game titles? Thanks.

EDIT: Cyberpunk 2077 has a November 19th, 2020 release date just so you know.

If I’m not mistaken, those numbers indicate how many times someone clicked on those links. Maybe a staff member could explain how exactly that works.

About Cyberpunk, yeah, the game releases on the Xbox One on that date, but as far as I know there is no confirmation about when the upgraded Series X version is releasing.

Okay, cool.

I thought Cyberpunk 2077 would get a day one patch for Xbox Series X but the full all out upgrade would be in 2021? Like launch is the minor update you could say and the major update is later on. At least, that’s how it’s come across to me from CDPR.

Damn, what an impressive OT, I hope one day I can make one 25% as impressive! Haha

I’ll keep this bookmarked to refer too for new games releases.

1 Like

A next gen big upgrade patch is coming later after release for series X .don’t think a date has been announced yet… I’d imagine it will still play well on the series x day 1 with smart delivery…

I’m guessing without the patch the game will run on One X settings, but even more stable? :thinking:

I think it will run alot better and have alot more graphical enhancements than the one X …its twice as powerful will be the best version to play…until the big patch comes out

CDPR said it will take advantage of what next gen backwards compatibility advantages each console has until a next gen patch is released, so we’ll have to wait and see what MS says the advantages they have for next gen BC

Yeah, but I mean, wouldn’t the “graphical enhancements” be the big patch? From how I see it, CDPR is focusing on optimising for current gen, would they be upping the settings as well for PS5/Series X, or will those play the game via BC with current gen settings (PS4 Pro/One X) on launch? That’s what I meant. If it’s even better than that, then I’m all for it :grinning:

1 Like

Xbox one x is probably 4k 30, I’m gonna assume series x patch would be 4k 60 maybe a ray tracing setting since the game is supposedly gonna be a ray tracing showpiece