The Xbox Series X|S guide: every optimized game, future releases, Game Pass and more!

Oh yeah.

When Call of the Sea was first announced it was the only game to check every optimization column - 4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Ray Tracing and Smart Delivery. The developers even gave interviews talking about Ray Tracing.

Hopefully it is patched in sooner rather than later.

There’s a 5.78 GB patch for Call of the Sea out now. No patch notes yet as far as I know.

There are also patches out for FIFA 21 (~1.5 GB) and Planet Coaster (~300 MB).

On other news, today is The Game Awards’ day! Expect many next-gen games announcements, including some surprise drops. An unannounced Focus Home game named Shady Part of Me gained a Store Page with a tempting release date of today, while Rainbow Six: Quarantine also got a new store page.

2 Likes

I disagree with this topic being unpinned as it’s an extremely useful topic. Hell, the amount of work Bruno has put into it by itself should guarantee that it’s pinned.

4 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

It is understandable since the staff is trying to avoid too many pinned topics. This thread is still linked in the Community Hangout OT. You can also manually track and/or bookmark this topic to have an easier access to it!

Thank you both for thinking this topic deserves to be pinned, though! :slight_smile:

I just found out that Kid Tripp was optimized for the Series X|S aswell. But when did it happen? What were the optimizations? And why the hell this game needed to be optimized? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Holy shit. Crimsonland, Sparkle 2 and Twin Robots were also optimized. How am I supposed to catalogue those?!

Edit2: No mention of patches from the developers. Well, I’ve been browsing through the store every day and they showed up only today for me. I’ll list them as if they were released today. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

There’s a difference between having too many topics pinned and topics that are important being pinned. This topic and the Game Pass topic should be pinned because they’re essential to Xbox in my opinion.

3 Likes

Game Pass Update | December 10, 2020

The following Series X|S games were confirmed to be joining the catalogue in the future:

Microsoft Flight Simulator ($59.99)
Developer: Asobo Studio
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
Genre: Simulation
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR Console Exclusive
Release date: 2021
Inclusion date: 2021

Perfect Dark ($ TBA)
Developer: The Initiative
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
Genre: Action & Adventure
Tags: Console Exclusive
Release date: TBA
Inclusion date: TBA

3 Likes

Thanks for your work on this thread, and boy are those two major bangers for future play!

2 Likes

Releases Update | December 11, 2020

The following Series X|S game was released today:

Morkredd ($19.99)
Developer: Hyper Games
Publisher: Aspyr
Genre: Puzzle & Trivia
Size: 5.71 GB
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive
Release date: December 11, 2020

Outbreak ($9.99)
Developer: Dead Drop Studios
Publisher: Dead Drop Studios
Genre: Action & Adventure
Size: 1.24 GB
Tags: Smart Delivery

2 Likes

Game Pass Update | December 11, 2020

The following Series X|S game was added to the catalogue today:

Morkredd ($19.99)
Developer: Hyper Games
Publisher: Aspyr
Genre: Puzzle & Trivia
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive
Inclusion date: December 11, 2020

Another surprise patch went live (seemingly) today. Outbreak, originally released on June 2017, is now Optimized for the Series X|S. I updated the update post.

Also, don’t forget to check the releases calendar in the OP since it was updated with all the announcements made at The Game Awards yesterday. Release dates for It Takes Two, Hood: Outlaw & Legends and Back 4 Blood, plus many games slated for 2021 like Ark II, Disco Elysium, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Crimson Desert and many more.

4 Likes

Surely you’ve been interviewed for a site staff position, right? This thread is so awesome and well maintained!

2 Likes

We don’t deserve you, Bruno. You’re an absolute prince.

2 Likes

Thanks for the thread.

2 Likes

I’ll repeat what I have said before -

Moderators need to “pin” this thread. Same for Game Pass OT as well. It simply makes sense to do so.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It really means a lot!

Unfortunately we are entering a period with very few new releases, which is common for December / January. There is only one new game release left for this month (Override 2), and only three games scheduled for next month (Hitman 3, Ride 4 and The Medium). Hopefully we get more surprise next-gen patches to keep us entertained during this drought!

2 Likes

You’re welcome Bruno.

@Sikamikanico @Shpeshal_Nick - It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could agree to “pin” this topic as it was before along with the Game Pass OT. Both topics are essential to Xbox in my opinion and should be “pinned”. Thanks.

3 Likes

What the community wants, the community gets. :green_heart:

6 Likes