The six nominees for GOTY at TGA revealed - No place for Forza Horizon 5, Psychonauts 2 and Deathloop nominated

go vote

5 Likes

Ratchet time has comeā€¦ AGAIN!

1 Like

Bruhhh

Weā€™d have to choose between FH5 and Halo at some point huh?

Damn

1 Like

I actually had a hard time picking 10, simply cause I hadnā€™t even played 10 of those titles. A couple (Deathloop & Hitman 3) I voted for because from what I know of them, Iā€™m certain Iā€™d like them.

Butā€¦ come to think of it, does anyone know if we had to use all 10 votes?

edit: Nope, you donā€™t have to use all 10 votes. I removed my non-played votes, seems more fair.

3 Likes

No Lost Judgment? I swear, the RGG disrespect is unreal. They didnā€™t include Yakuza: Like a Dragon last year either. Yet a more niche game in NEO: TWEWY is represented, and they donā€™t have a problem including a bunch of games from prior years. And no Scarlet Nexus/Tales of Arise either? Guess Iā€™ll just have to root for Forza and Haloā€¦

4 Likes

But service games are featured for some reason lol

Yeah, exactly. 9 of the 30 didnā€™t even release this year.

1 Like

Worth listening to the podcasts woth the Keegs about that. He feels the best game of the year is the best content released and equates it to seasons of a tv show. Hey, fair enough, but he lets his views colour his choices for peopleā€™s choice which is wrong. It should be write in, plain and simple.

Games like MSFS, Age 4, Yakuza, Tails, etc. Get snubbed because whoever chooses doesnā€™t play them which makes no sense for the peopleā€™s choice. Itā€™s for the people to choose, not them.

2 Likes

What podcasts would that be?

Sea of Thieves be like: :cry:

4 Likes

On Spotify. Called Inside The Game Awards iirc.

1 Like

Sweet, thanks.

edit: For anyone else interested in this:

2 Likes

Voted for -

1. Deathā€™s Door
  2. Deathloop
  3. Halo Infinite
  4. Hitman III
  5. Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  6. Marvelā€™s Guardians of the Galaxy
  7. Psychonauts 2
  8. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  9. Resident Evil VIII: Village
  10. Returnal
2 Likes

yeah giving a write in option would be best and if the community likes it enough then it could show up. I feel like thatā€™s the whole point of the best ongoing game though but whatever

1 Like

2 Likes

:eyes:

This emoji in the context of pre-show hype is cursed.

2 Likes

Best community support: ā€œDestiny 2ā€ :risi:

Having now listened to the episodes released so far, I can heartily recommend this podcast to anyone interested in these awards. Itā€™s both entertaining and informative.

For instance, I had no idea that Geoff is pretty deeply involved in the creation and execution of many of the trailers. I had assumed publishers and studios simply submitted the finished asset, and all the TGA people did was choose where to place it in the programming, but turns out theyā€™re often involved in the actual planning and creation of them.

So yeah, well worth a listen.

2 Likes

Will check it out, sounds interesting