The Falconeer, Fantasy Air Combat coming to Series X. Updates and news

This looks absolutely amazing. Definitely on my list as well

On my list, gamepads or not.

Sounds amazing. I’m so in!

Ohh, that’s great to read. I mean, I casually enjoy some “relax time” with exploration stuff or walking sims, but I’ve been missing a Crimson Skies experience for a long time :smiley:

Hope these last months goes smoothly for you

How have I missed this thread until now?

I’ve been peeking at some Falconeer info since I stumbled across it weeks (months? what day is it?) ago. I was intrigued by the art style and trailer at the time. If this is heavily inspired by a Crimson Skies [gameplay “feel”] I’m in.

See you at XSX launch!

so This friday there’s a thing called the europlay games contest, where the best indie games from Europe compete to be win.

here’s my little interview as part of that, on the DevCom livestream. The voting is this friday, and if you’ve got nothing else to do, check out the devcom livestream then, and vote for your favorite Indiegame.

3 Likes

Will there be more on this title at Gamescom?

I’ve got devcom talk Thursday 16:30.

Beyond that I’m not quite sure. I’m fully in the end run church , so focused on that. Not sure if wires has cooked up anything for gamescom.

Thanks. It looks great!!!

~10 weeks is cutting it close! Every gif I see of this gets me really excited to try it out. GORGEOUS art style btw. :slight_smile:

Don’t wanna go on a tangent, but solo devs gon be absolutely killing it in the coming years. Falconeer, Song of Iron, Tunic, Radio the Universe, are just few of the ones I’m super pumped for coming in the launch year.

As the gamedev pipeline keeps getting more streamlined and accessible, I see more of these projects at a quality this high coming rather regularly and ubiquitously. Indies have always been my actual haven over AAAs, and more indies are the games of the generation for me than any AAA could muster, so to see the quality bar getting raised higher and higher gives me hope both as a gamer who cares for this medium and as someone who has ambitions to eventually work in the industry.

Hi everyone,

If you want to support the Falconeer or a bunch of other Indies, tonite is the Europlay games contest, as part of Gamescom.And you get to vote who wins. check out the show here: www.twitch.tv/ukietv And you can vote here from 18:00 British time (anytime before won’t be registered) https://ukie.org.uk/EUROPLAYPOLL

it’s a bit of fun, but also serious promotion for these games, so voting is a quick support with real consequences.

4 Likes

Great that it’s a launch title, hopefully means more eyes on what looks like a very promising game!

3 Likes

Halo is my favorite IP so it sucks for me as well but I’ve been on this Indie kick for the past 2 years due to how creative their stuff is compared to the AAA scene. The Falconeer, The Ascent and Medium all have me more interested than most AAA games outside of Cyberpunk for the foreseeable future.

I was talking to a dev I game with who’s been making assets for 2 decades that due to the quality of the tools thats now accessible/affordable for smaller devs, expect Indie devs to put out games next gen that look better than current gen AAA next gen. While that’s all relative and AAA devs will also up their quality, I’m more excited about what it means to Indie devs than anything else next gen. Their creative freedom combined with mainstream graphic quality could be a special boom in the industry I think people are overlooking.

1 Like

Giant Enemy Crab at 1.05!

Hit its weak point for massive damage!

1 Like

That is a good point, especially for story driven stuff that has a focus on presentation. In a few yrs everyone will be using UE5 and indies will be putting out small games that have as nice presentation as AAA stuff most likely. Could very well be a ‘rising tide raises all ships’ sorta deal where some stuff on GP really pulls in more eyes from fellow indy devs.

I’m personally getting to the age where I rarely want hyper expansive titles. Gotta be in the mood for it anymore. I much prefer less stressful stuff showcasing a good story/atmosphere.

Hi everyone here’s a great preview done by Windows Central, that might answer quite a few lingering questions.

16 Likes

Game looks amazing! can’t wait to play this beauty! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just watched the Digital Foundry video that the released earlier in the year too. It’s insane that this is being put together by 1 person! This game looks like it should be a lot of fun. The advantage of 1 (ADD) person is I expect all the systems to be very cohesive.