The Evolving War of Exclusivity

Game journalists have gotten away with ignoring Xbox up until this generation. This is a turning point, either you buy Xbox to sit alongside your PlayStation or you may as well leave your job as a games journalist.

4 Likes

I liked this video and glad the obvious has been called out. It is ridiculous that Sony can do whatever they want and the media and Sony fans defend it while Xbox gets nit picked to death no matter what they do.

I didn’t even realize there was a video! I read the article like a chump when I could have had your dulcet tones narrating it to me :angry:

I’m sure that JRPG has their place, but Persona, TOA etc don’t do anywhere near the numbers as WRPGs like Fallout, TES, The Witcher etc.

1 Like

There is one major issue for Sony at the moment, and that is they are playing catch up. All Xbox studios have been tooled up for PC coding for their games, as they have been releasing them in PC for awhile. They have everything based on DX which is used on PC and console. Sony’s decision to start releasing their games on PC has meant they need to build up their tools, convert their engines and bring in studios and personnel to do the conversion work. A number of their latest acquisitions were just to help cover that, meaning they have spent money and bought studios, but it isn’t going to increase their game IP or releases.

It’s going to cost them time and money to catch up before they can expand their content to anywhere near what MS has.

3 Likes

Wheres the video ?

The poster you quoted has a point though. Microsoft can absolutely crush Sony by taking away ALL Activision/Blizzard games away from Playstation. (Once existing contracts are over of course).

I’d even go a step further and stop support on all released titles as well, and tell the users to go to a platform where GamePass is to continue playing with future updates(Minecraft, old cods, warzone, ESO etc)

It’s time to stop playing nice. And it’s time to stop pretending Microsoft would spend close to 70 billion to not send shockwaves through the industry. All new titles will be exclusive let’s not kid ourselves.

Hence so many money hats

There are some more games that don’t often get mentioned where it would be nice to find out why they are exclusive on PlayStation?

• Amnesia: Rebirth
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds
  • Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown
  • Z1 Battle Royale
2 Likes

Thanks @Sikamikanico I actually found it before on the youtube channel. Great vid, you should make more like these ! And I agree it deserves more views :smiling_face: People should spread it around on other gaming forums.