The Bethesda Three Game Juggling Act Argument Thread

• Fallout 3- 2008
  • Skyrim- 2011
  • Fallout 4- 2015
  • Starfield - 2021
  • TES6 - 2023/24/25- Decade Plus gap between TES games
  • Fallout 5- 2027/28/29- Decade plus gap between TES games
1 Like

Im more saying the gap is between franchises not games.

1 Like

Completely agree with your assessment, great points and thoughts. Iā€™m sure this is all being discussed at Microsoft. The beauty of this problem is that if they can solve it and do it right, there is humongous earning potential in it for Xbox and Microsoft.

Iā€™d also suspect theyā€™ll take advantage of the IP with spin offs and smaller games that leverage the IP like they have with Gears, Halo and Minecraft.

Xbox is currently growing Bethesda at a tremendous rate and has tons of open positions so Iā€™m thinking some of the solution theyā€™re leaning towards is staffing up to either make the games faster or have more in development at once.

7 Likes

Obsidian, BGS, and InXile collaboration on Fallout New Vegas 2 :kombuchamaybe:

I agree, I donā€™t want to wait 10-15 years between games in these franchises. The answer seems obvious, farm out the IP to other studios even if Bethesda wants to do main numbered entries. They already tried it with Fallout New Vegas, and the result wasā€¦ the best game in the series. So Iā€™d say that was an okay test run.

6 Likes

Fallout spinoff by Double Fine. Tim Schafer will show those Bethesda writers levels :gimme:

Fallout rogue like by Tim Schafer

Listen I was actually unironic :philwins:

Same :eyes:

A remake of New Vegas should be the first thing they do with the series.

2 Likes

Followed by a direct sequel set in LA

1 Like

I agree with the OP. Xbox should not let these big well known games remain dormant. The majority of casual gamers donā€™t even pay attention to which studio makes a game so long as the quality is there. For example the last Smash Brothers was made by Namco and almost no one thinks about that fact. As far as the public is concerned Smash is made by Nintendo and the share holders are happy because Smash Ultimate is one of the best selling games of all time (that wouldā€™ve just sat unused if Nintendo was stubborn and ā€œwaitedā€ for their own studios to have time to make it).

3 Likes

The gap is primarily a product of BGS doing a complete engine overhaul. Prior to this they dropped games every 4 years max which after Starfield should normalize.

Massive open world games just donā€™t take 4 years to make anymore man, not in the UHD era.

1 Like

Staff up, have a full dedicated team to engines so they donā€™t have to use staff that would dev games or wait on the engine.

End game: 3 Full dev teams that allow 3 games to be in dev at a time and 1 team that works on the engine.

Also, use the engine at more studios. Looks like a great engine. This would like them scale staff more easily.

5 Likes

While I somewhat agree with saying itā€™s not that big a deal that a franchise can skip a gen, FO is probably just too big to let lie, they are not and really shouldnt let the series sleep if they dont have to

Especially now that the 76 devs have proven they can do good stuff with the franchise

1 Like

We just went a gen without Elder Scrolls and xbox has enough IPā€™s/rpgā€™s that they can give BGS the time they want.

Not you specifically but J dont get this forum at times. Creative freedom and dev dedications to their games EXCEPT BGS that needs to share their IPā€™s to please the masses and I say this as a giant fallout fanatic. Like What if BGS have no plans for it and dont wanna expand? Are you gonna force them to and what not? Microsoft doesnt even force Mojang to leverage Minecraft for Xbox one of the top 3 biggest ipā€™s in the world but fallout is where we are drawing the line :joy:

1 Like

UG3quBgV_400x400

1 Like

choking homer simpson GIF

Imma be like Hindle and have all the receipts when I turn out to be correct

2 Likes