The Ascent: Cyber Heist DLC announced & is coming August 18th

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2022/08/04/the-ascent-cyber-heist-dlc-announced-is-coming-august-18th/

The first full mission DLC for The Ascent has been announced. We reviewed the title back at launch and greatly enjoyed it’s Blade Runner-inspired neon punk aesthetics and gameplay. Cyber Heist takes place after the base campaign and finds you visiting a new area for the first time. It is priced at $9.99

Press release copied below:

Publisher Curve Games and Swedish indie studio Neon Giant are excited to announce new DLC for their popular Cyberpunk action-shooter RPG The Ascent, titled The Ascent: Cyber Heist, which will be available from 18th August 2022.

The Ascent: Cyber Heist is set after the base game’s main story and is accessible for those who’ve completed the main campaign and want to take on a new contract for a top-secret mission. Continue the story either solo or co-op with friends in a range of all new main missions and exciting side quests. Players can blast or smash their way through with brand new weapons, including advanced melee combat, in a new never explored before location.

In Cyber Heist, Kira, your former employer, has a new top-secret job, and as a newly independent contractor how could you refuse?  Venture outside of your familiar arcology into a brand new arcology owned by the Malhorst-Gelb Group. There’s some new ground-breaking tech ripe for the taking, but you’re not the only one with their sights on the prize.

Solo or in co-op with your friends, take on new challenging missions, explore brand new environments, fight your way against new enemies, and experience new ways of fighting using melee weapons!

• CONTINUE THE STORY – SOLO OR IN CO-OP: The Ascent: Cyber Heist can be accessed once you’ve completed the base game campaign. Bring your friends with you to take on this new challenging contract. Your squad hasn’t caught up with you yet? No problem, as long as you as the host has completed the main campaign, your squad can join up and help! (We know you’ll be carrying them anyway…) 
  • NEW WEAPONS: Speaking of carrying, experiment with all-new weapons, including for the first time in The Ascent – Melee weapons! So now you can get up close and personal with the new Rock Crusher and Guillotine!
  • NEW OVERWORLD LOCATIONS: Discover and explore a brand new arcology owned by the Malhorst-Gelb group with breathtaking new locations and environments.
  • NEW MAIN & SIDE MISSIONS: Continue the story of The Ascent by completing new challenging main and side missions. Encounter colorful new characters like Ontario and Zell along the way, and fight against new enemies. 

Cyber Heist will be available for £7.99/€9.99/$9.99.

Cyber Edition

There is now a special Cyber Edition of The Ascent available, this includes the previous DLC packages Cyber Warrior and Cyber Sec  plus the new Cyber Heist DLC, all for £36.99/€44.99/$44.99

4 Likes

Maybe I should play it before it leaves Game Pass…

1 Like

Heard a rumor that this game will leave gamepass at the end of Aug. One reason is that 3rd party gampass game generally leave after a year, and this streamer gave other Indicators

things stay longer than a year all the time, it’s impossible to know for sure or not based on that

1 Like

Yeah it is very likely I’d say. But who knows, maybe they want to sell DLC’s to the GP audience for a while longer.

Looking forward to Cyber Heist later this month. Will have to reinstall the game as I uninstalled it just a few weeks ago. $10 tells me it will probably be short but I really enjoyed The Ascent so I don’t mind playing a little more of the game.

1 Like

I greatly enjoyed The Acent and I’m looking forward to more of it. Very addictive gameplay loop. Time to reinstall and buy the DLC. I’d be surprised if they pulled the game from GP before the DLC came out however the full game is worth a purchase if they continue to support it.

1 Like

$9.99…Ill bite.

Outriders has remained on the service for over a year. This might be different since it’s not GaaS focused.

With that said, the full package for The Ascent, with Cyber Warrior, CyberSec, and this Cyber Heist DLC is priced at $45. That’s not a bad price overall.

EDIT: GamePass discount is 20%, so core game is $24. I could not find the full package on Xbox Store.

1 Like

Hopefully this DLC is as great as the base game. I’m looking forward to it tomorrow.

Yesterday we had the list of titles leaving GamePass at the end of August and The Ascent was not on it. That means it should be staying until at least September 15th, going on the premise games leave on the 15th and End of Month. This should provide plenty of time for gamers to jump on and finish this game.

1 Like

I won’t have a review of it anytime soon, sadly. They never responded to my request for code.

Oh shoot, I missed this yesterday. Looks like I have to finish up 12 Minutes.

Surprised that the DLC isn’t available for pre-order yet. Hoping I can buy it later tonight online and then install it tomorrow once I get home from work. Definitely looking forward to it. Loved the base game.

1 Like

Thats a bit of a shame, I was hoping that might be what your Thursday stream was going to be. But that’s alright as you have a lot of other games on the list.