Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct! plus Details

These have been rumored for over a year now, and I think what chafes me the most is that Nintendo thought it was a good idea to just release them as is. Don’t get me wrong, they are all still good games but Galaxy could use some tune ups (Purple Coin challenge time limits in particular could do with a rethink) but 64 could have done with some improved camera controls and Sunshine could have done with a lot of tuning up between the Camera and the difficulty. If Anything, Sunshine needed a Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD style tune up and Nintendo should have really gone into that game to make it really great like they did Wind Waker HD. It all seems like a really big missed opportunity.

£50 for 3 old mario games with little enhancements is not worth it to me. £30, yes, but £50 no, but people will still buy it…:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Whelp after a short time thinking about and not very much convincing needed,. I canceled my pre-order. Now if this was a Paper Mario TTYD port I would be more excited

I saw the Spyro remake from Toys for Bob and It made me realize that this is a lazy and half assed port from Nintendo and I don’t feel like throwing 60 bucks down the drain when the only game I’m interested in is Galaxy and even then I’m basically paying 60 bucks for a Wii game from 2007 that barely has a rez bump, its almost embarrassing

Oh but I will say I played Galaxy 1 and 2 on the Wii not too long ago and my God those games are both gorgeous, amazing how well they’ve aged and the fact they’re running on a 480p machine from 2006. I don’t know how Nintendo does it but they make some amazing looking games on weaker hardware.

Nintendo fans are mugs

Talent my friend and gamexplain did a video showing evidence that it isnt just straight up ports the cutscenes look remastered lot more clarity galaxy one of my favorite games of all time 07 was such a great year with halo 3 and mario galaxy out in same year

I’m sure there are differences but if I don’t notice them right away and I have to squint my eyes to see any noticeable improvements that’s what I consider a half assed remaster. Even when I played Gears 2 on the Xbox One X, I immediately noticed how much better it looked.

Mostly the games will look more cleaner now because of the HD Resolutions and textures

Is there a solid reason for Mario 64 not supporting widescreen like Sunshine now does? I’m worried how that will look on my TV.