Sony FF16 exclusive, makes me confused

Two words: Risk aversion. SE seem to be one those devs who like certainty. It just so happens that their Japanese games sell better on PS and Sony is happy to pay for exclusivity. They therefore find it prudent to pocket guaranteed revenue and then worry about releasing their games on other platforms.

who is this guy? is he a credible source?

But what about the games which are not exclusive. The newest game Crystal Chronicles is on every platform even smartphones. But for whatever reason they skip Xbox again.

1 Like

Annoyingly I had to buy this on the switch, genuinely loved my time with it, minus the out dated online experience.

Obviously do not believe it will sell and not even willing to invest money to port it lol.

I hate SE. I hope NIS and Nihon Falcom take the Gamepass bait so I can ignore SE games.

Ah come on, let’s hope not. That would be ridiculous. Fact remains that they haven’t announced anything. They haven’t specifically mentioned Xbox yet. I’m sure it will come, and it’s possible that near the end of the year, maybe XO20, maybe early next year they’ll make the announcement.

The sales numbers weren’t there. I’d expect MS to be second-class citizens as you put it for the foreseeable future. FFVIIR seems to be the incredibly successful test of SE’s new strategy

Yes. He is an industry analyst (has been for many, many yrs) and he got his info directly from Sony. It isn’t his speculation or some leak or rumor. It’s direct official confirmation.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks

Will we make a fresh new thread with all infos about this game? Cause I’m really interested.

Here are some infos

1 Like

Go for it, definitely worth making a thread for, as I’m sure people here will grab for ps5, or pc and xbox later down the line :slight_smile:

I hope the characters models get a visual improvement as I would say visually ffxv looks a lot better. (character model wise)

But I’m still curious whether it started life as Ff16, as it looks like a mix between witcher and dmc, also curious to find out more about Ff16 in the future. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone who watches the podcast will know I literally said “the exclusivity around FF16 is kinda cloudy” back in like June

:reggie:

3 Likes

Final Fantasy XVI coming to Xcloud confirmed!

2 Likes

No interest in FFXVI but am I the only one who thinks it looks like a far superior version of GreedFall? When the protagonist is shooting magic out of his hand, GreedFall instantly popped up in my head.

You will get the game on Xbox 1 year later.

I’m looking forward to FF7.

Yep I remember that you even said it here and on twitter. I know you have sources. Props to you for being right on the money. These timed exculsives really suck but at lease we’ll get the best version by miles

Thanks ok I will gather all the infos and make one when ready if nobody seeing issues with it.

Don’t worry it is the FFXIV team led by Naoki Yoshida the man who saved Final Fantasy. I’m totally confident in his work. The game is still far away and they keep improving. FFXIV is a brilliant game

No it is still FF16, the combat part is directed by a veteran from Capcom leader who worked on DMC 5 and Dragon’s Dogma if I remember well so we are in for a treat no worries at all from my side and if you look carefully you could recongnize the Capcom style.

Here is the proof

Square Enix Recruits Devil May Cry 5, Dragon’s Dogma Designer To Work On New AAA Action-RPG

It is an incredible team behind the game.

SE is tied to Sony under their new business model, so expect this for everything they put out going forward. Basically, Sony subsidizes a portion of the cost of the game, and Square sells to 90% of their fanbase in the first year. Then when sales are exhausted, and the next big thing is announced the old game will move to other consoles (Xbox) for some additional sales.

SE is the smartest publisher out there. I’m just glad that Sony hasn’t bought them. And BTW, FFXVI will be amazing with DMC combat and FF story

This exclusivity frustrates me to no end. I dont like many Japanese games to be honest but FF is one of the few I will play.

Hope MS can build their own catalogue like they used to with Lost Odyssey.

2 Likes