Sony confirms $69.99 price for first-party PS5 games

PlayStation 5 Launch Day Games from SIE Worldwide Studios

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

Entire industry will follow suit. Should be interesting to watch

I got three years of gamepass for just £66, cheaper than one of these games lol

4 Likes

Sony is going to have to make back that money that’s being lost on every PS5 sold and who knows if there ends up being failures which would cost Sony even more money.

3 Likes

Yep gotta recoup that cost of failed chips

2 Likes

Yeah 80€ for a game ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

2 Likes

To the price conscious consumer the PS5 DE doesn’t look that much value now.

No resell of your games and that eye watering asking price for games.

Imagine if you wanted that system and two games at launch

You look across and see Xbox Series S and all those launch games on gamepass plus better multis

1 Like

Thank god for gamepass. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

In Europe a single first party release is the same as 6 months Gamepass. Yeah, that is insane value and is something I will be marketing around if I were MS.

3 Likes

There is absolutely no better deal than paying $25 upfront and walking out with a Series S + Game Pass Ultimate.

6 Likes

From what I was told it is even more dramatic in Australia

125 AUD for a PS5 game while Console Game Pass is 10 AUD a month

I mean, never a decision was easier to make …

7 Likes

Its well known by now that Xbox has been going down a different route.

1 Like

And they just should hold on it. Keep it up. We’re all behind them.

4 Likes

So what will that be in the uk? Because some games have been £59.99 digitally for a while now. It would suck if they go up to £69.99 here.

1 Like

So wait…I bought Spider-man Complete edition for 20 bucks, will my version get the PS5 enhancements that the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition comes with? If not then that’s a serious case of blue ball and BS right there

So… 1 game or 8 months of Xbox Game Pass? Yeah… ok. haha

Game Pass lookin better all the time.

Yep. Can confirm. Demon souls is listed for $125 here, game pass is $10 a month and ultimate is $15. The PS5DE is $600 and PS5 is $750.

As I’ve said in the other thread: in an era of COVID-19, global recession, PC games costing pennies with constant sales and bundles, plus of course Game Pass, pushing up day one prices to 80 Euros here is tone deaf and frankly baffling, considering Sony spent the last couple years boasting how much their revenue skyrocketed and how games like TLOU2 obliterated all records imaginable. They have no excuse for this price change, their results mean they could make mad money even without changing prices. Straight-up speculating on people’s wallets in this trying times, really bad form.

3 Likes