Sony believes Xbox owning Call of Duty could impact consumers console choice UPDATE: Microsoft Responds

Sony shitting the bed

Focus on putting out 70 dollar remakes

9 Likes

2015 vs today

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

15 Likes

The irony is that digital is reaching 100% everywhere so nobody cares about sharing

4 Likes

Sony,

Irony is dead.

-The World

14 Likes

Whining whilst doing all kinds of petty shit to keep stuff away from Xbox?

Mkay. Now, piss off.

18 Likes

My thoughts on this are basically that Sony would be better off if a major big tech company purchased them. Sony Pictures is the only studio without a streaming service and that makes them seem likely to be purchased. And now with Gamepass Sony is trying to keep themselves small independent while the rest of the industry wants to grow and expand.

I don’t care who buys Sony but it would be a relief as a gamer to know that they finally will start releasing games again. Like another poster said, my PS5 collects dust. Sony is falling behind in a big way when it comes to growing the size of their business. I want more games. I plan on preordering PSVR2 but every instinct is telling me not to because it will be under funded and under supported.

1 Like

I don’t think it will reach that % on Nintendo platforms simply because of how abysmal Nintendo’s storage solution is. And how Physical Switch games don’t use up huge memory space. ITs why I rarely buy digital retail games on Switch. Not worth it.

18 Likes

I’m not on twitter. Or any social media but here. I friggin’ love what Xbox News did here.

It’s petty. It’s meaningless. But after 2 decades of being an Xbox supporter through good times and bad, this makes me smile. And I know I shouldn’t be happy about that.

But yet, I’m still grinning.

My inner toddler is sticking his tonge out. :blush:

Thank you for sharing.

11 Likes

I love how all of this and the controversy surrounding it literally boils down to…

Sony and their hardcore fans being upset they may not be the dominant market leader anymore lol

36 Likes

Sony are basically begging MS to not make it exclusive. Basically telling them you’re gonna lost too much money if it goes exclusive.

1 Like

Sony at most will only lose marketing ownership of COD. To me it seems like they just don’t want COD attached to anything xbox related.

2 Likes

Marketing ownership and Gamepass advantage

Oh yeah, forgot they admitted they are scared of gamepass.

The saving grace for them is that Microsoft doesn’t know how to do marketing :joy:

They went in this generation expecting a “massacre”, it isn’t happening, and Xbox is gaining ground. Even Sony still leading console sales will not be enough. The expectation and the wishful thinking was driving Xbox out of the space. Those were legit the conversations many people were having, openly, “neutrally” - and sometimes almost enthusiastically…

So, it’s not exactly unexpected that there would be some of this reaction to the possibility of Xbox doing great and getting close to Playstation, as that is not allowed, on a belief level to many, it shouldn’t happen, it would disrupt the balance of nature or something :roll_eyes:

20 Likes

I wonder if this was what Square thought too when they took the deal for FFXVI (and maybe FF7R?), they probably expected that the PS5 will be the market leader by a good margin and that Japan would also embrace the console. Both of those predictions turned out wrong, now they are stuck with a next gen only game on a console that is not really that popular in Japan…talk about limiting the sales potential of your freakin’ expensive AAA game.

As Nick said some Sony fans are so entitled to things like being the 1st and “exclusive” 3rd party support…in 2013 Sony was so damn lucky to be against crippled Ninty and MS but now? let’s just say that things will not be that easy this time around. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

It’s interesting because their strategy this gen was to block or delay third parties games coming to xbox. They legit tried to pull their crap with Starfield but luckily enough Microsoft was able to secure Bethesda

Remember this being a big thing to start the gen, and now Sony is scrambling because they poked the bear.

12 Likes