Sonic Origins drops July 23, 2022 (Classic Sonic titles delisted May 20)

Updated:

it’s official:

Original Post:

remember that Sonic collection announced last year? it may finally see the light of day.

if you need a refresher on Sonic Origins: Exclusive: Sonic Origins "Won't Be Running Off Emulation," More Classic Sonic Games May Be Remastered - The Sonic Stadium

4 Likes

Now with art.

3 Likes

The store page is up on psn.

1 Like

bring it!

2 Likes

I hope there’s a Sonic Adventure collection on the way as well.

Uh, I’ll take classic mode with widescreen please.

Sonic, Sonic CD, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles

3 Likes

that looks glorious! (also updated thread to reflect official announcement.)

3 Likes

Not a huge sonic fan. Looks like a cash grab. 40 bucks is insane.

I had to rewind the trailer because something seemed off to me. Realized it was because they showed Knuckles in Sonic 1 and 2, and Tails in S&K lol. It’s a neat feature. Widescreen with the remastered visuals looks really good too.

1 Like

admittedly it’s pricy. it’s also Sega.

It looks like a labor of love to be honest. They completely remastered the games. This is not a cheap emulation job. They now support widescreen and stages that were cut from the original game + all games are tied together with cutscenes(animation). Yeah its expensive but they put a lot of work into these. This is exactly how to treat your legacy games. This is not another mario 3d collection

5 Likes

not sure if this deserves its own thread, but looks like Sega will delisting the previous digital versions of classic Sonic titles before Origins release. crap move, IMO.

3 Likes

Maybe they should be bought.

1 Like

I wonder which titles exist that I don’t own. I picked up a MFT of them over the years through various sales. Mostly to have should the urge ever strike to play them. I don’t think I’ve played any of them at all. I spent so much time at college playing them and other retro titles.

I don’t think they have purchasable for a while on the xbox store, I know I tried to the week before they announced Sonic origins and they were “currently Unavailable”

i bought Sonic 1 a few months ago just to complete the set. maybe i lucked out? i dunno.

very strange, I just checked now and Sonic 1, 3, Knuckles are not available but 2 and CD are

The only title from the soon to be delisted selection that I currently do not own is Sonic CD.

• Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic 2
  • Sonic 3
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • Sonic CD

interestingly, Sonic CD is the taxman version. So it’s got widescreen and all those other fun modern features.