So today is the Superbowl.. will there be any Xbox ads ? GamePass?

Im sure ms want a lot of stuff. Still waiting for persona 5 royal.

And no. ER will likely cost way too much. And for what? Its gonna sell millions even on xbox. Probably far cheaper to make that deal later. No way namco put their flagship gsme on gamepass day 1. You have to understand it has effect on sales of other systems too.

My bet is that awful looking Final fantasy souls game comes to gamepass next month. Stranger of FF

Costs way too much ? We are talking about the same MS people think would spend $70 billion for zero exclusives lol…

FF Stranger of Paradise looks fantastic, it’s like Nioh… Another great series that should be on Xbox but isn’t.

Every major game is in demand. Er is one of the biggest games of the year. So of course people would want it on gamepass. Im in the boat of im haopy its coming out in xbox at all with the shit sony have been pulling this gen.

Just speculation. Lets wait until the deal closes before talking about exclusives.

Ms cant just throw money at it. Otherwise e ery game would be on gamepass.

You know what game MS should have tried to get on gamepass this month? KOF XV.

A fighting game is perfect for gamepass to bolster userbase and make xbox a good place for fighting fans again.

GamePass this year reminds me of last year.

Strong start (Extraction/Hitman Trilogy) (Outriders) then a drop off of nothing good until the end of the year.

Sarah Bond and Phil are asleep at the wheel ! We need day 1 third parties if there isn’t a first party releasing that month it’s that simple.

They have big hopes for GamePass but the catalog isn’t showing this… Good luck getting to 50 million subs with titles like we’ve had this month.

The annoying thing about that is microsoft likely 100% could not have gotten it. Sony has the marketing deal with it, and as we know from RE8 their marketing deals prevent games from going on GP for a period of time.

I didn’t mean to quote you, but yes that is true. However I would imagine a fake list would have some juicy unexpected surprises on it not be a simple list of the top 10 most anticipated games.

That makes no sense. Sony is never nor has ever even been a marketing partner nor a moneyhatting for Bandai games. Why would they care?

The rumor from grubb was that sony was threatening to not work as closely/as beneficially with publishers who accepted deals for their games with xbox marketing. As in not giving a game of theirs a prime showcase at a sony event in the future, or giving them less favorable terms for deals. Pretty sure he also said that sony was upset at EA for revealing Madden 21 during that one xbox spring showcase instead of with them or independently. And that that was the main reason that elden ring was absent from xbox’s e3 in 2021, since xbox very much wanted to show it there.

If Sony is really this petty why does MS need to play nice, even when in third place ?

1 Like

Okay and they never do that in the first place with Bandai games. Even ones not on Xbox, so I fail to see why Bandai would care. Sony didn’t even show Elden Ring in any of their events either. Also if MS had a marketing rights contract then Sony can do nothing to stop that.

What really happened is Geoff Keighley grossly overpaid for Elden Ring on his show instead because the show was complete garbage otherwise (also why he saved it for the end)

Thats literally the whole point of the rumor. Sony pressured namco to not accept a marketing contract with MS for elden ring.

Aside from that, this thread has gotten massively derailed and off topic

Too soon. People talked like you were now for January too. Relax and let stuff play out.

Just know you aren’t getting Elden Ring.

2 Likes

Oh, Sony has marketing with KOF?

I thought there would of at least been a trailer for the Halo Paramount show.

Did it end?

Yeah. Im not sure if they showed any gaming related things at all though.

It really seems like Microsoft marketing budget is really small

They most likely thought it wasn’t worth it because of how expensive it is to get a spot during the Super Bowl. Someone else could chime in since I don’t know the specifics but it’s very expensive.

Maybe. But considering that a lot of famous brands - despite being famous - are doing that, I guess it has some effect.