Season 2 of Halo ordered at Paramount+

Paramount+ has already greenlit a second season of “Halo” over a month before the series premiere. David Wiener will join the series as showrunner and executive producer.

Based on the popular Xbox video game franchise, the first season of “Halo” doesn’t premiere at the streamer until March 24.

“HALO is an expansive, world-building opportunity for Paramount+, and we’re thrilled to give fans a second season to look forward to before we launch the series next month,” Tanya Giles, chief programming officer, Paramount+, said. “HALO will deliver a thrill-ride for fans of the game and non-gamers alike, as it ties together stunning visuals with a deeper look at the personal stories behind these iconic characters, all set within an epic battle for the future of humanity.”

The early season 2 pickup “reflects the confidence we have in the power of this epic series to attract and engage viewers,” said David Nevins, chief content officer of scripted originals, Paramount+, and chairman and chief executive officer, Showtime Networks Inc.

7 Likes

Not completely convinced by what I’ve seen so far but I’m hopeful this renewal speaks to their confidence in the quality of the show.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t call myself a big Halo fan, but I’m looking forward to seeing this and getting into the storyline - the TV version at least. In any case its better then ‘Halo cancelled after one season!’ and the feedback that would be unleashed with that news.

Like Cowboy Bebop? That was pretty sad. I mean I understand why but damn. Anyway, I look forward to this. Season 2 could provide improvement on whatever happens on Season 1.

Thought we knew this already? Good news either way. Hope it is gonna be good!

1 Like

“Halo will be available starting on March 24 in all markets with Paramount+ including the US, Latin America, Canada, the Nordics and Australia.”

Yay!

I guess Paramount are pretty confident it will be a success. That’s good news.

“We have a product for people who don’t live in these markets – it’s called p*racy”

3 Likes

It came from a poor source, so nobody took it seriously.

1 Like

Damn, Canal+ in France… And hoping it’s the same date as the US (March) and not months later like in the UK…

2 Likes

VPN says hi for those who can’t access, it’s kinda shocking us Aussies aren’t getting fucked over like usual when it comes to things like this.

Please please please

Just let this thing be it’s own thing. We don’t have to be the weird comic book guys who get mad at the dceu and mcu for “not following canon”

It’s an entertainment product and I have high hopes that it will have the right kinda mix of action / thriller/ intrigue to keep me subbed for the life of the seasons

I do wish we weren’t getting more and more fragmented streaming services but that’s another conversation for another day.

On topic I think they have the overall vibe down, I’m more interested in this than amazons lord of the rings or wheel of time takes

1 Like

I see a @TheRayTracer post, I like (because I know it will be worth my time). This is the way.

1 Like

In the summer in England? Fuck that shit. I’ll download it and watch it. Fuck off waiting 6 months for a TV show everyone else would have watched.

Excited to hesr this. They must have high anticipation for this show. Thsnk God I have Paramount+ for free through work. Looking forward to this. Hoping and praying it’s well received.

1 Like

Good to know! I liked what I saw from the first season trailer. The season 2 renewal news will have me more invested in watching the first season.

No info regarding India, like not even delayed release?

I know what I’m doing

Ha ha, I do try. :grinning:

1 Like

What’s concerning is that it seems to be exclusive in the UK to Sky subscribers - not everyone has Sky and the one’s that do can look forward to inflation-busting price rises for services:

I assume that Paramount have plans for a streaming app on multiple platforms, but this is the same Paramount who took Star Trek: Discovery off Netflix days before the Season 4 Premiere, leaving international fans outside the US with no way to watch legally.

They (eventually) fixed that, in the UK at least, by putting Discovery on their Pluto TV streaming service. Perhaps Halo will get the same treatment, but Pluto TV is free to use and I’d thought Viacom-I mean Paramount would want to make good coin from this show.