S.t.a.l.k.e.r. 2

Yeah my argument is about GP deals, great games are launching, but GP needs to stay competitive as well.

1 Like

For real? Exclusives matter just as much for subscription services. Or do you think we’ll see The Mandalorian on Netflix?

4 Likes

Their onw fault if I might say so…

In that sense it’s a “1st party” Disney title, which Xbox has and hopefully will continue to bolster their service with. As far as 3rd party things go though I don’t think exclusivity matters as much for Game Pass compared to simply being in the service. I think we all agree that the more 1st party we get the better, simply because for us it means we get those games in Game Pass.

3 Likes

Laughed at a comment on otherera

“Today is Phil’s birthday and this is what GSC gives as a present!”

:joy:

5 Likes

Gonna shameless plug this here so we dont ruin anything more

1 Like

Would you enjoy The Mandalorian less if it was also available on Netflix?

Again. Exclusives matter because they’re effective. And I understand that in-house production of video games is necessary to make a subscription service worthwhile, so I’m not saying corporations should stop doing them. Just… we as consumers shouldn’t care if something is exclusive. We should care if it’s good content.

6 Likes

100% this. I still hope for an exclusive-less future. Give me a playstation and Nintendo Pass on my Xbox please. Everybody can play more games, everybody makes more money, win-win.

1 Like

Give it 10 years.

1 Like

Glad the team was able to take the extra time they needed. Whatever is good for the developers, I’m all in for.

Some of you need to be less embarrassing. To act like Xbox gamers will have nothing to play because of one game is silly. If you say it’s about exclusives then, why does that matter to you? Would you enjoy those games any less if they were on multiple platforms?

9 Likes

This. It’s very understandable. Not everyone has a Switch and/or also a PS4/5.

There are plenty of people with big backlogs, so I guess this news doesn’t hit as hard, but for those that finished all the big games and are really waiting for the new stuff…it’s definitely much more bad news for them.

Personally I’m just glad I still have some real big games in the backlog, but man if I didn’t and for the most part all I had to look forward to was smaller games (I really don’t care at all for Rainbow Six Abomination, R6 and aliens, Jesus…) On Game Pass I wouldn’t be too excited, not gonna lie.

Thankfully we have Elden Ring and Dying Light 2 which both will offer tons of hours.

3 Likes

More time to play Halo Infinite and FH5 ! :doge:

But really, everyone knew it was going to happen so let’s get that out of the way and the ramblings with it.

Yeah, first half is dry, but it’s always dry for Xbox anyway.

I hope Dying Light 2 is still on track for release in february. I heard it’s a game that can keep you busy for a while. :wink:

I mean they can have their exclusives but please don’t make it hardware based. Imagine you can watch netflix shows only on samsung TV’s amd Disney’s shows only on LG TV’s. Rediculous. This is such an antiquated way of thinking and the technical reason this all started is long gone.

This is what I expect will happen within 10 years. Hardware agnostic services and platforms. Better for the environment too.

Imagine buying a seperate TV to watch Disney+, because your other TV only plays Netflix.

1 Like

Wait, was Stalker 2 announced way before last E3? I thought this was the very first announcement of the game’s existence?

Sony spent the entire second half of 2021 without a big AAA, and it wasn’t because they wanted to, but unfortunately because of the current situation in the industry, given the health crisis we still face. It’s no wonder that its line-up for the first half of the year is made up of postponed games from 2021. I mean, it’s complicated to put together a schedule of future releases with this pandemic. But I believe we will have great third-party AAA games coming out on Game Pass.

Non-Xbox Exclusive gets delayed: “Good that they’re taking the time they need to release a quality product”

Xbox Exclusive gets delayed: “Wow sounds like a Cyberpunk situation”

6 Likes

It was announced in 2010

And then in 2014.

And then in 2018.

Lol.

2 Likes

Going to be so much more of this in 2022 as well, “Year of the Delay: The Sequel”

7 Likes

Don’t understand the Xbox is dry stuff. They’re giving you a minimum of 6 games every month. Only going by exclusives is kind of ridiculous.

6 Likes