RUMOUR: 'Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2' Expected Launch Date?

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2024/01/16/rumour-senuas-saga-hellblade-2-expected-to-launch-may-21/

Reported by eXputer earlier today, Developer Ninja Theory and publisher Xbox Game Studios reportedly intend to unveil the release date for their action-adventure title ‘Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2’ this week, slated for the 21st of May.

More specifically, per the article:

The Xbox Games Showcase which aired live back in June 2023, gave out a release window for Hellblade 2 after a substantial period of wait, but now, sources close to me have revealed that the game has a set release date of May 21, 2024. Due to the matter of the informant’s anonymity, I cannot disclose the source’s origin, but the information is reliable enough to be talked about ahead of time.

eXtas1s “Álvaro” @ eXputer

The publication has previously been correct about the release date for Forza Motorsport (2023), revealing the game’s release date just a day prior to its official unveiling. All will be revealed come the Developer_Direct just a mere two days from now, Hellblade 2 will launch on Xbox Series and PC.

[Exclusive] Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 Launches May 21. It is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. Developer Ninja Theory is plotting to announce its release date during Xbox’s Developer_Direct.#hellblade2 #Developer_Directhttps://t.co/jdMTrXrklR

— eXputer (@XputerE) January 16, 2024

2 Likes

Ah man, we nearly escaped the showcase without spoilers - just two more days!

I wish this was put in a spoiler thread instead.

Someone should open a poll with “True of false.”

1 Like

OP should change the thread title to “Hellblade 2: Senua’s Saga’ s release date” and omit the date.

3 Likes

Hope it’s right, since that dude has been the source of some other stuff that I want to be true (like Tango JRPG) lol.

1 Like

Tango JRPG? Oh shit let’s go. When was this said?

Well… I hope May doesn’t become the new February. lol

Very few things would be able to get in the way for Hellblade 2 for me though.

Great news if May 21st ends up being true. Was worried that it could have been March as I already have three games for that month.

I’m just glad this will be the last show it makes an appearance at haha

4 Likes

DON’T YOU DARE JINX IT!

3 Likes

I don’t particularly trust the source of the rumour, but being it less than 48h prior to the show, it can be a leak, also the date is credible: DD mostly focus on games releasing in the first half of the year (4 of 5 shown at DD23 released before end of june '23).

If true, I hope they show us a great combat trailer, the TGA one was cool, but still a bit light on showing combat. We know sound, graphics and environments are 10/10, action is the thing we know less and it was also one of the big areas from the first game needing improvement.

I also hope they improve puzzles or get rid of them completely, I really didn’t like looking at strange reflections or portals in the first game.

2 Likes

Did we watch the same trailer lol

We’ve seen plenty of the game and I don’t think we need to see much more. They should keep as much as possible under wraps now for spoilers.

3 Likes

just a date thats all we need please dont spoil a setpiece for example. Stuff like the troll scene should be kept secret

1 Like

Agreed.

they can show cool stuff in the release trailer (I will not watch)

Thanks for updating the thread title!

That’s true, but non so much about action imo, we’ve seen the world, the sound and the setting (all spectacular, it blows away everything currently on the market). If I was them, I’d show a deep dive on combat, which was the main complaint about the first game. Considering also this game will be expected to reach impossible standards, it’s already begun.

I just don’t think there’s going to be enough to the combat for something like that. It will be much more advanced than Hellblade 1 (that’s very clear watching the most recent trailer) but it’s not going to be anywhere near as in-depth as other AAA action games and it doesn’t need to be. That doesn’t mean it can’t be fun and compelling and an overall amazing package though.

I agree it doesn’t need to be like other games, but for someone it will never be enough. I’m waiting pundits on media who loved the game when it was a PS4 exclusive, guess what they’ll say? Bunch of clowns.