(Rumour) 2K E3 line-up leaked / Confirmed by Jason Schreier and Jeff Grubb

Disclaimer 1: I don’t usually create threads for rumours, but this one was verified by Jason Schreier. Disclaimer 2: This is not being posted on the E3 OT because I don’t want to spoil people who want to watch the events blind.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1400587141743353860

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/nqxkgj/info_on_upcoming_games_from_2k

• NBA 2K22 : Dirk Nowitzki will be this years cover athlete. EDIT: Could be the cover of another Legend Edition, with other athletes on other editions, as some in the comments have mentioned.
  • Wonderlands : Codename Daffodil - It’s a Borderlands spin-off title featuring Tiny Tina. The final name could also be “Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands” (as this is the name that Gearbox already trademarked.) Seems to be the same style as all other Borderlands games with “Multiclass-Heroes” to play as. This spin-off is rumoured since last year, so I guess this isn’t really new. Reveal should be expected at E3. EDIT: Here’s the trademark for Wonderlands
  • New Firaxis Game : Codename CODA - New turn-based action game using Marvel property. Source described it as “XCOM with Marvel heroes”. Seems like some famous actors are voicing the characters.
  • Codename Volt : New action game, seems to be in really early development. Logo looks similar to the Fallout-Logo. No final name yet. Source described it as “Cthulhu meets Saints Row”. Game looked pretty unfinished in the trailer. Sadly, my source didn’t know which studio is developing this title. I think it could be Hangar13, as they had a leaked contract last year that stated that they are working on a “open-world sci-fi title with supernatural elements”.
5 Likes

Don’t care about NBA but im very interested in seeing the other three games. Also hoping Hangar 13 reveals Mafia IV which is another title they’re rumored to be working on.

Curious about Tiny Tina’s Wonderland but I’m a bit burned out from Borderlands 3 and entirely turned off by what they tried to pass off as Season Pass 2. I think they may have lost the magic.

Jedd confirmed Codename Volt is by Hangar 13:

https://venturebeat.com/2021/06/03/xcom-style-avengers-game-from-2k-is-real-so-is-the-rest-of-the-leak/

Yeah. Borderlands 1 was one of my favorite games of all time, but I couldn’t for my life finish Borderlands 3.

1 Like

Yawn. A conference to ignore.

1 Like

Hell yeah, XCOM-style game, although being Marvel is a turn-off for me personally.

3 Likes

Marvel Xcom is right up my alley. Sounds awesome

1 Like

No Bioshock then…

Wonder if we’re gonna get a Mafia 4 in the near future.

Definitely interested in that Marvel Xcom game.

1 Like

It seems that way but there’s also been rumors of Hangar 13 developing Mafia IV and if Codename Volt is early in development then that makes me think that Mafia IV is hopefully done and ready to release next year.

Well, already started the leak season, let’s see how many shows or games are leaked before E3

I love X-Com like games, but the Marvel ip is a bit overused right now, so hopefully they have an interesting spin on it.

2 Likes

Yep only a Matter of time before Microsoft’s is

1 Like

I’ll have to see how it looks, but X-Com Marvel may be a very rare these days day one purchase for me, although if it’s 70 bucks that would probably be a deal breaker.

Wonderlands. That’s an interesting name lol!

1 Like

I’m always up for more Borderlands.

No BioShock though?! How many years do they need?

I respectfully disagree. The MCU became insanely popular in the last decade, and yet all we got in the past few years was Spider Man, Ultimate Alliance 3 and Avengers – and only the last one made its way into Xbox.

Gimme more Marvel!

1 Like

Fair enough, it’s just my opinion. Although I was meaning across all entertainment. I should have been clearer. With all the movies and TV shows over the last decade, I’m just a bit burnt out on Marvel.

I don’t really care for Marvel but Xcom always has me interested.

“Cthulhu meets Saints Row” sounds absolutely wild. Looking forward to more info on this.

Hmm, interesting. Probably won’t end up playing these games, but still intruiging.

1 Like