Rumor: Early stages of RE8 development has performance differences between XSX and PS5

Wow, second post and i’m already being called out. haha

It’s just what iv’e read on forums and gaming news sites, I’m not some sort of insider.

I’ll step out now, apologies

nonono I’m not calling you out at all haha just if you heard this from some cringe youtuber trying to get clicks it’s a bit of a miss than if someone who is actually working on games say it. I have no problem with you haha.

It can be easy to work with while also having trouble running games at high resolutions and frame rates. My guess is that with PS5 you get 4k or 60fps, and not both.

2 Likes

Changed title. Please don’t state things as fact unless they are.

3 Likes

Good call.

Kinda of an odd comment, hes like “runs really bad on ps5 now, but will be fine by launch!”

But it is kind of odd that is such a big difference im resolution even at this stage, i would expect the PS5 to 1600 -1800p , while the xsx is native 4k.

On the discussion of the topic. This is nothing new for game development.

As I stated, this is a normal thing in early stages of game development especially when changing to a new platform. Games aren’t optimized until really late in development. Normal practice.

1 Like

If true, not surprising at all.

I will make it very simple, the Xbox Series X IS the far more capable console. It’s simply better in every aspect excluding the SSD which to be perfectly honest, is going to be like the PS3’s Cell processor but to a lesser extent. Sony put way too much emphasis and focus on an aspect that only it’s first party studios will take full advantage of despite the fact that 95% of a console’s gaming library is multi-platform titles.

The PS5 GPU is 9.2TF but is variable meaning that it can be maxed out to 10.3TF but the problem is that if the GPU is maxed out, the CPU takes a decent hit. Maximizing one simply decreases the efficiency and capability of the other. In other words, compromises have to be made.

As someone who has PlayStation 4 as his number one (Xbox 360 is #2 and SNES is #3) gaming console of all time, im going with Xbox Series X as my primary gaming console simply because it’s the far better and more capable console without any compromises.

I truly believe that every multi-platform game will have better resolution, frame rates, HDR and Ray Tracing on Series X than on PlayStation 5 because the console is simply better equipped for it all. And im expecting it to be even worse years down the line once cross-gen is officially done for publishers.

So again, if true, not surprising at all and to be perfectly honest, I would bet that it’s more true than not.

1 Like

Yes it must be more to do with the development environment then the hardware itself.

I don’t think it’s odd, I may sound like a crazy person but the disparity in compute units between the two consoles will really start show when the multiplat games are compared.

It’s just time. It’s also not like the game is releasing now as he stated. By launch it will be fine.

Going by the hardware I would of thought it will be like comparing a rtx2070(PS5) with a rtx2080(xsx)

If true, this sounds more like a problem with their engine than anything else.

Why do you think Sony coming agressively on timed exclusivity…Yes there is a part of their strategy to move as quick as they can their installbase and offer “value” to counterbalance their high price but not the only reason. To prevent direct comparisons. It’s even more wider than some people think.

Just wait till you see the numerous DF face off and prepare your pop-corn guys…It will be fun. When you will see you will understand.

Furthermore, Hotchips event is soon. Keep an eye on it. Here is a link with time and date below:

MS has load of things they didn’t talk about yet for reasons. The XSX is a insane beast. And will be even more insane with time due to more devs mastering it. Lots of engineering customization and optimisation inside. Some will be surprised.

“Best place to play!” “Plays best on XSX!”

1 Like

Question lies with why is it struggling on one platform over another if there are reports or people saying the dev work is easier on PS5 it all doesn’t make sense it can’t be both easy to develop for but struggling.

This is why you can’t really trust anything on both things, there’s too much shit out there that we just have to wait and see.

I love how this is a surprise to some. Pretty obvious Xbox gonna have an advantage here , yet, lot of resistance on this

17 Likes

You can be easy to develop for but still have issues.

1 Like

Nice to see you here!

2 Likes

I’m sure it’ll be fine in the end.

These issues will be generally sorted out. But this shows that even though the consoles have similar architectures, the software and tools have a huge impact on development.