Rogue Legacy 2 is coming to Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S on 28th April 2022

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2022/04/07/rogue-legacy-2-is-coming-to-xbox-one-xbox-series-xs-on-28th-april-2022/

Rogue Legacy 2 is on the brink of coming out of early access and will launch on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S on 28th April 2022. Developer Cellar Door Games today announced that they are now in a position to release the game as a full launch. The side-scrolling rogue-lite game has been in early access on PC since August 18th 2020. Since then there have been several updates with more classes, weapons and abilities added over time. Below is the official animated release date trailer and more information along with a press release can be found below.

“Rogue Legacy 2 is finally reaching v1.0 and we couldn’t be happier with how it turned out,” said Cellar Door Games in a press release. “Our goal for Rogue Legacy 2 was always to make ‘Rogue Legacy 3‘ because we didn’t want to settle for just more. It had to stay true to the original but also stand on its own as something new. After nearly four years of development, bringing it to the fans is the final step in this long journey, and we hope they find it as special as we do.”

7 Likes

The game has been great in early Access. Highly recommend it.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the first one, excited to check this one out later in the year sometime

Is the first one on Xbox or PC only?

Looks like it came out on practically everything.

So the sequel, Xbox and PC got dibs first. That’s neat. Anyway, I should check it out.

It came to Xbox but I think PC and PS got it first last time around. Seems to have reversed this time

The first one is often on sale for less than a coffee/tea and is well worth the money. Absolutely stellar game.

I just secured review code for this. Steam to start with, so working on that now. Expect a review at/closer to launch!

2 Likes

First one is currently free on Epic for PC.